Maybe a New talkgroup in the Hopewell area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedjoker56

just a question. i use a pro 106 and program all the talk groups manually. talking about the richmond henrico and chesterfield talk groups. i have only the covert and survalience channels programed. well one day just for fun i programed like the richmond talk groups in the chesterfield freq. and richmond talk groups in the henrico freq. and so on. well it paid off. on the henrico freqs. i have been listening to the chesterfield covert 4 talk group 25072. it was a survalience team following someone that started in princegeorge. went through petersburg. through hopewell and into chesterfield. following the same guy. giving descriptions of cars he is driving. things he is carrying ect. but all on the henrico freq. using a chesterfield talkgroup number. 25072 which is no where near the henrico talk group numbers. so is this normal? i hope somone understans what im trying to say lol. not very good at explaining stuff typing.

shumadine

Yes it makes sense, and welcome to the board. The way I understand it, many of the talkgroup broadcasts go out on many of the control channels. That is, I like to listen to Henrico Fire and EMS because I live in the Henrico County. But I can also enter in the Richmond Fire Dispatch talkgroup into my Henrico scanlist. So if I hear a Richmond Fire dispatch that sounds like something big and serious, I can then turn on my Richmond Fire scanlist and then continue to listen to it on whatever TAC channels are assigned.
Likewise, when listening to Henrico Police on their scanlist, I also add in a few Richmond police surveillance and drug enforcement talkgroups into my Henrico scanlist. That way I can still hear some pretty interesting stuff without having to monitor all the normal trafic that comes out of Richmond police dispatchers, which sometimes seems like too much for me.
The only issue is that if you live in Hopewell, you should hear Chesterfield's traffic just fine. You might not pick up all Henrico or Richmond traffic though due to the distance from their towers.

wickedjoker56

Carolinatoughguy, thanks for the reply. yea i just found it odd that someone on the henrico freqs. was in hopewell following someone. i looked at the post and yea ur right. i realized that when i picked up henrico on a richmond group a few months back. as for hearing the freqs from richmond and henrico. i can pick them both up in the hopewell area just fine. the scanner i have is really amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.