Maybe a Remodel is in Order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
Well, I won't spoil it because it is a great radio room and thus I've seen photos of it before. Would've been something to see it with all original gear in, um, operation.

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
What, still no one named it? I thought by now it would be a done deal.

Thanks for the kind words RadioDaze, I am usually wrong. :D

I'll give another hint. When I was a kid I got my amateur radio license the old fashioned way, by going to an FCC office and taking the exam. Back then (caveman days) I drove to a southern california office that was just 20 minutes away from the radio room in the photo.

It's still there of course, but the FCC office is not.

RadioDaze

As hints go, that one was even past me, and I took the photos! Then again, I can't be too bright; I went to college in SLO town.

I think Kasmus is about to solve it. All the way from Berlin!

RadioDaze

W6RO Queen Mary Radio Room

We have a winner. We have no prize, but we have a winner.

Kasmus is second place with the correct call sign of The Associated Radio Amateurs Of Long Beach, Inc., but probably first place because he knew that much, that soon. b7spectra is 3rd place, unless he wants to go double-or-nothing against Kasmus for 2nd place. ShawnInPaso remains either last place or first place. Only he knows for sure. Kevin gets honorable mention, and wins the Super Secret Honors Prize. Unfortunately, it's secret and he doesn't get to actually see it.

The real winners are The Associated Radio Amateurs Of Long Beach, Inc. for maintaining such a tight, er, ship of a radio room. Well worth the cost of parking to visit if you're ever in the area. Take a look at some pictures that weren't shot from the wrong side of the windows:
ARRLWeb: Onboard the RMS Queen Mary with Amateur Radio Station W6RO

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
Reason I gave it the "ship shack" is because of the handset on the radio to the right. Most "older" cruise ships let the passenger talk on that handset instead of a dummy phone (High Seas radio was a duplex system on HF). I worked with KMI, WOM & WOO back in the day.

Kasmus

Whoops - didn't know they had another shack, hi. In Germany most Club Calls are location specific. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.