Maybe a stuid question, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

adair

... What are Tulsa Police Utilities Talkgroup used for? Just wondering, I've been listening to a scanner for a while, but don't know all the scanner stuff yet, and there are a lot of them listed on the RadioReference lists.

peterjmag

He meant the TPD utilities talk groups not utilities like PSO. They are used for anything they want so it's a good idea to have them in your scan set up. Street Crimes still uses etc. Hope this helps...

P.J.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Like Peter says they are used for a variety of things and are a good thing to have in your set-up. I keep them in an off bank that I can turn on when I think they are being used. Among the different things they are used for are Special Events like the up coming Tulsa Run or the Toys For Tots Bike ride. They are also used around X-Mas for Mall lot patrols and such.

red8

adair,
The only stupid question is the one that is not asked, there is no
thing as stupid questions. I had a person tell me that a long time
ago.

BCFD25

I dont know, if one more person asks where can they get a scanner that will monitor a provoice system, i would have to consider that a stupid question.

car2back

BCFD25 said:
I dont know, if one more person asks where can they get a scanner that will monitor a provoice system, i would have to consider that a stupid question.

I have one for sell ;) j/k

red8

Maybe a stupid question, but....

BCFD25 said:
I understand what you are saying, but we have to be understanding
to their ignorance because they might be newbies just like we were
when we first started out. So innocent and naive, but wanting to
learn. lol :)
red8

BCFD25

Oh yeah red8 i agree with you completely. I am still a newbie thats why i try not to post much and soak up all that i can. But you gotta admit it sure is funny to see someone start a new thread regarding provoice and see them get pounced on.

Status
Not open for further replies.