• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Maybe the "cold war" is not so cold anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Not surprising, especially with the current political team in Moscow.

A TV show in Canada which followed a group of Canforce pilots as they trained to become CF-18 pilots (in 2005/6) ended the final episode with commentary that the one female member of the group went on to be the first female fighter pilot in history to make an intercept with a Bear bomber (and showed video of it), either earlier this year or sometime in 2007.

fireant

Maybe they will bring the SR-71 back to service which was often used to fly spy missions over Russia. Only hoping that we will once again get to see the great bird fly.

fireant

Last edited:

hoser147

I think that China would be more of a threat than Russia. After all they have most of the steel production in the world now and could easily put the hurts on another country......Hoser

Austin4Wyo

fireant said:
Maybe they will bring the SR-71 back to service which was often used to fly spy missions over Russia. Only hoping that we will once again get to see the great bird fly.

fireant
I'd be willing to bet that most of the Blackbird fleet are dismantled, and there are just a handful left mothballed for display. Hell, even NASA doesn't fly them anymore, and haven't for the better part of a decade.

RC54730

Austin4Wyo said:
I read about this on CNN a couple weeks ago too. Gotta love saber rattling.
Of course, with the russians these days it's more "rustbucket-rattling." LOL. The russian military is in such bad shape it's not even funny. I remember when we blew up the russian-made GPS jammers in Iraq with GPS-guided bombs - too funny.

Sure, they still pose a threat in the nuclear sense, but on the conventional front trying to engage our military would be like trying to fight martians.

madnachos

The Russian "rustbucket-rattling" (hehe) is for domestic consumption. Like Hoser said, the real country to watch is China, they were smart enough to adapt unlike the Russians and I think their intentions on a global scale are pretty clear.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
fireant said:

fireant

They are all museam pieces now. The U2-s is still flying. But not as glamorous.

I'm sure they have something that can do the job just as well. Generals like their Intelligence and pictures, so I dont think that they would have let the Habu go in the 90s without something that would satisfy them. I'm voting Mach 5 UAV. Maybe a sub-orbital something or other. Blackbird is 50s technology. We havent even seen the stuff that is "80's" technology yet.:cool:

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
I don't blame Russia. Things are heating up again, they have to prepare for it, and look out for themselves.

OZ_Redneck

Just more fear mongering to keep the general public in a state of uneasiness.

If the terrorists dont get you the bird flu will and if that doesnt get you the russians will and if all else fails we are all going to sink into the ocean unless we stop breathing out carbon dioxide.

**HIDES UNDER BED***

wa6ube

Wait a minute !!

OZ_Redneck said:
Just more fear mongering to keep the general public in a state of uneasiness.

If the terrorists dont get you the bird flu will and if that doesnt get you the russians will and if all else fails we are all going to sink into the ocean unless we stop breathing out carbon dioxide.

**HIDES UNDER BED***
Isn't it the green plants of this planet that simply love CO2 ??

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Putin is far more dangerous than anyone gives him credit for. He is an old-school Communist and former KGB leader who would love nothing more than to raise the curtain again. For example, look at all the journalists he has had silenced (permanently) since taking power.

jimyleg

holy crap. I'm not worried about russians and there crappy military. Like Dan said, the release of technology is ssssssllllllloooooooow and boring. It's not like all the technology is released iether, some stuff is used and fades away without an inkling of discovery. But most of all USA owns and any thing to the contrary is rediculous.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
It is not so much the military you have to worry about as it is the man that holds the key to "THE" proverbial button. I'm sure the Nukes (at least the ones they have not sold on the black market) still work fine.

bpckty1

The scary part about the Russian's weapons is how state of the art they are today. I am afraid that they will have a malfunction, someone in power will think we did a first strike, and they retalliate.

burningman_77

Best quote from an unfamous person...

OZ_Redneck <---- Just more fear mongering to keep the general public in a state of uneasiness.

**HIDES UNDER BED***

Last edited:

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I see more flapping here than a cage full of parakeets with a cat in it! Relax kids, old stuff to me and nothing to worry about. They just have the finger on the pulse like everybody else but when they say RUSSIANS everybody dives under the bed. Pooh, if you want skeerd put a Kennedy in the White House!

Re: Cuban missile crisis 15 October 1962 and one 13 year old kid waiting for the bomb to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.