mayday help WITH 396

Status
Not open for further replies.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
The manual sucks I need help

I was hooked up to the computer uploading some stuff on the 396 Iam using Butel software

the display say S4:1234567890 and when ever I try to lock out a system ( number) it keeps comming back what did I do wrong or dose my 396 needs to be reset?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
So you have a system (or systems) that you did not assign a system quick key to.
Press and hold the Function key and turn the scroll control until you see the system you do not wan to hear and press L/O. No when you scan it should be skipped.

Make sure you have a system quick key assigned to all your systems if you want to turn them on and off. You can do that from ARC396. keep in mind, you can assign the same system quick key to more than one system.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
nope I tried that thats not it I well have to do anther reset I tried locking out all of the systems but they keep comming back now the display reads S3:1234567890

I have 3 systems that I have program BOEING SNO-COUNTY and FRS

wyldman

You must have more than 3 systems programmed,or your have a whole bunch of extra quick keys enabled for some reason.

You said the display read S4:1234567890,and it now reads S3:1234567890.That means all those systems are still enabled.Are you sure your locking out the entire system ? like described above ? You may just be locking out one frequency,or one talkgroup.

I find it's easier to just turn systems off,instead of locking them out.Just key in the number of the system you want to disable,and then key it in again to enable it.use the "." to enter systems above 0-9.

So if you have S3:1234567890 showing now,then enter .31,.32,.33.34,etc until they are all off.Now repeat with any other that may be on.

You can make sure in the software that you are not enabling any quick keys which are not assigned.Also,you can set up which systems are enabled by default when you load the unit.

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
OK thanks, it was 4am and I got it figured out I guess Iam still confused on how to set up talk groups
MidnightCaller

Status
Not open for further replies.