Mayfield Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSW786

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if Kentucky State Police changed the NEC on Mayfield Post 1 I entered the ones shown 180 and 181 and I do not hear anything. I have a 7200 Vertex digital radio in the UHF band.

sound_efex

The NACs have not changed. Have you monitored them with this radio previously? If so, the following is old news to you.

I live about the same distance from Mayfield as you and cannot pick-up the Graves tower. You may have better luck with the Hickman and Ballard repeaters. If you haven't yet done so, enter all the Post 1 towers. Sometimes, the closest tower isn't the best for your location. Also, ensure that the freqs are programmed as FM, not NFM.

WSW786

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information I am new to trying to listen to them and didn't know if I had done something wrong or not. Do you hear beeps when they are talking that can of distracts from what they say. I entered the universal nec that is like carrier squelch and did hear them but also get the beeps that makes it hard to understand all of what they are saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.