Premium Subscriber
info from aopa.org - apparently is 2020 info

Mayo Clinic

Approach / Departure - 119.80

UNICOM - 123.05

155.385 - PL 141.3

155.34 - PL 210.7

-------------------

looking at the Radio Reference DataBase (RRDB)

where did the federal freqs go for MN? where did the medevac freqs go?

PL 141.3 on 155.385 does not match the RRDB on the Stearns County page

PL 210.7 on 155.34 shows as STATE EMS 1 on the MN Interops page

130.075 does not seem to be listed anywhere in the RRDB

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
I really don't much about medivac except lifelink iii and mayo clinic is on armer can't think of the exact tgs at the moment but they are in the database
Not sure I've heard specifically mayo medivac
However goldcross ambulance listed in stearns co db is the same as mayo ambulance. I think I read on the forums that has been the case for awhile. Not sure if the goldcross listing is current or not

blue5011

"where did the medevac freqs go?"

Are you speaking of the older VHF freqs?

There are no specific **freqs** for medevac use anymore. Every EMS agency in MN is on the ARMER system now.

I know RR still lists a dozen or so police/ fire/ ems VHF freqs for my county -- even though only one freq is in actual use paging...

Every once in awhile I will hear a call on the local Unicom freq to advise aircraft when a Mayo/ Lifelink/ AirCare helicopter is in the area.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Sorry for resurrecting an older thread.

Mayo Clinic Ambulance fixed wing does not use ARMER as they communicate by telephone and on the AM Aviation. Mayo Clinic operates the Rochester International Airport, so the licenses are under them. Rochester Airport Fire uses ARMER for communication as well as AM for communication with ground control to coordinate movement on the tarmac. Lifelink III and Sanford AIrMed FW aircraft operations are very similar.

Mayo Clinic Ambulance rotor wing primarily operates on ARMER aside from situation where they need to communicate with other aircraft under operation or a control tower. In Wisconsin, Mayo Clinic Ambulance RW aircraft have their own talkgroup on WISCOM. MCAS FW AC have local dispatch talkgroups, as well as inflight talkgroups. LifeLink III, North Memorial Health, and Sanford AirMed all have the same set up of local dispatch talkgroups for alerting, and then statewide inflight talkgroups. NMH has encrypted all of their internal radio traffic using ADP, but when they are on an external resource like S Tac 1, they operate in the clear.

There is a lot of coordination that occurs between the Mayo Clinic Operations Control Center, LifeLink III OCC, NMH Communications Center (NMH is one RW AC shy of needing to operate a OCC for Part 135), and Sanford AirMed Communications Center that occurs on ARMER TG 39 Aeromed Coordination, but it is primarily console to console, so often not carried by end user voice systems.

FM VHF EMS traffic in Minnesota is almost non-existent as nearly everyone has migrated completely to ARMER for communication. The database is decently up to date with current use.

bearcatrp

Premium Subscriber
I have all the armer freqs in my R30 for st cloud and surrounding area. I pick up lifelink from time to time on armer. Haven't picked up any air ambulances scanning the regular air bands in a few years around st cloud.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I hear Life Link and occasionally the other local helicopter users on the Forest Lake CTAF frequency (122.7) from time to time. LLIII does training stuff at Forest Lake sometimes and I hear them and the others pop up when transiting through the area.

blue5011

I hear a call on the local Unicom freq to advise area aircraft when a Mayo/ Lifelink/ AirCare helicopter is inbound to the local hospital.

And of course the helicopter is in touch w/ the hospital ER using the ARMER system. Then when they get ready to leave the aircraft uses the ARMER system to call whomever is their "controller" and advises: number of personnel, fuel supply, and general arrival time.

What my county used as specific VHF EMS frequencies are no longer... A single VHF freq is used strictly for paging Fire and EMS units.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Would 130.075 be the "AM Aviation" channel that Mayo Clinic fixed wing use?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
They're going to use whatever tower/ground/approach/departure/unicom frequency is used for the airport theyre at

techsender

There may be a base station with 130.075 at Mayo or at the airfield ops center as a "company channel" for use with the fixed wing aircraft. Usually the a/c would call when a certain amount of minutes out to let them know of their expected arrival time and any needs they would have. Usually if fuel / toilet emptying/ food service or immediately maintenance needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.