MBITR all band portable antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancow

Database Admin
By the way, this is not my auction and I'm not affiliated with it. This is a review only.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180159719374&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

I grabbed one of these recently, mainly out of curiosity. It's an original OEM Thales AN/PRC-148 MBITR broadband antenna.

As far as the MFJ-249 says this thing tunes from about 25 Mhz to 165 below 2.1 swr.

It has a female TNC connetor because...well I guess Thales is smart enough to realize BNC's are S*** but I digress....... Anyway, it's a heck of a Vhf/Uhf antenna. It tuned the lowest in the two meter band if I recall correctly. It's about a foot long and not very light but it's worth it if you want broadband performance. I've used it with my VX-7R and some other commerical portables recently and it performs well.

So, here's something else to spend your money on.

prcguy

I can also vouch for these antennas, I bought several. If you can find a mag mount with TNC connector, they will make a reasonable VHF/UHF mobile antenna and I can even key up most 6m repeaters within about 50mi using 5w on the mag mount.
prcguy
mancow said:
By the way, this is not my auction and I'm not affiliated with it. This is a review only.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180159719374&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

I grabbed one of these recently, mainly out of curiosity. It's an original OEM Thales AN/PRC-148 MBITR broadband antenna.

As far as the MFJ-249 says this thing tunes from about 25 Mhz to 165 below 2.1 swr.

It has a female TNC connetor because...well I guess Thales is smart enough to realize BNC's are S*** but I digress....... Anyway, it's a heck of a Vhf/Uhf antenna. It tuned the lowest in the two meter band if I recall correctly. It's about a foot long and not very light but it's worth it if you want broadband performance. I've used it with my VX-7R and some other commerical portables recently and it performs well.

So, here's something else to spend your money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.