MBTA Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpbailey

I have been listening for a few day (i'm new) and from what I have listened to so far, the MBTA Police have a tough job. A few stabbings, few people with knives, people found on the tracks, fights, etc. It this just a small sample? Compared to the local PD, the MBTA has it rough.

RKG

It may sound like the MBTA PD only gets "serious" calls, but remember it is a topical PD, not a municipal PD, so you aren't diluting the "serious" calls with medical assists, check on the welfares, 911 hangups, blocked driveways and telephone alarms. Add that on a single channel MBTA covers a wider area than most municipal PDs, and it sounds like a lot more than it is. In fact, arrestable crime on the MBTA system is trending down.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
The MBTA is apparently phasing in a digital 800 Mhz trunked system. It has been a multi year project.

Buses and trolleys used to be heard on some 472 Mhz channels - but those channels went quiet approximately one year ago. As fas as I know, the T PD and the subways are still heard on their 470 Mhz channels.

I think the 31 Mhz repeater and the 44 Mhz channel have gone silent also. (IIRC just the repair trucks used the low band freqs).

Peter Sz

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Mbta pd uhf

I was in North Station this afternoon waiting to take a train up to Salem, MA and saw some of the MBTA officers walking around with what looked to be HT1250's so seems like they haven't switched over to the EDACS system yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.