MC Cab EMS Frequency Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

photocar88

I notice MC Cab EMS of Bayonne, NJ has changed their frequecy, There is for the NEW take over of Jersey City EMS service which has yet been approved. Rumor has it they will use the new Phase II ACPO digital system. Can any one get the info OR can CONFIRM the new Freq.

btshep

Premium Subscriber
Bobby,

someone here stated they are considering the state system, however for their new personal private system they upgraded to a MotoTRBO which cannot be monitored since its a proprietary encryption protocol that Motorola does not license.

Brian

W2SJW

Database Admin
MotoTRBO does not mean encryption. Sure, it's simple for them to implement it on the system (should the end user want it), but the format is very easy to monitor with DSD/DSD+, or a real radio.

btshep

Premium Subscriber
MotoTRBO does not mean encryption. Sure, it's simple for them to implement it on the system (should the end user want it), but the format is very easy to monitor with DSD/DSD+, or a real radio.

i stand corrected. Just to clarify for my own personal edification. MotoTRBO is unable to be monitored via any scanner irregardless of whether or not its in the clear or encrypted ?

W2SJW

Database Admin
That is correct. DSD/DSD+ does an amazing job of decoding it (once you know the frequency). I believe it will tell you the color code, slot, & talkgroup as well while it's decoding (no TRBO in Warren County that I know of to try it out on).

From my own website, here's what it sounds like in the raw...

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I think you'll need DMRDecode to figure out the Color Code, timeslot and group.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Right you are - DSD does the voice part...

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.