McAllen Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I think they're totally off the old system. My Uniden BC346XT do not pick up McAllen PD anymore. A couple days later McAllen FD was gone, too.

starwtc

Pd is encrypted now and think FD is also because when they first went on system in the clear they were not showing any radio id's and now with the encryption ID'S are showing up.

JoeTex1

Well, I think they're totally off the old system. My Uniden BC346XT do not pick up McAllen PD anymore. A couple days later McAllen FD was gone, too.

that's because they were simulcasting so only the Firecomm id# was showing up as was the PD.

Last edited:

JoeTex1

as of June 21, 2016 Mc pd. has been on full digital + encryption before that they were simulcasting
or using both 800/700 mhz systems ..

JoeTex1

Do you have the radio ID's handy? I read McAllen was going to 700 mHz, I can't find anything, though I admit I'm very much a novice.

60701 Police adam ( north disp) 60702 police baker/charlie (south disp.) 60703 iformation tho they can't be monitored..60731 Mcallen-Fire Comm. 60732 ground 1 and so on

OhSixTJ

Well now that McAllen has switched over, I don't know what to listen to. DPS sounds so garbled and computer-ish that I don't understand what they're saying half the time. Guess I'll use that NMO mount for something else. Maybe a cell phone booster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeTex1

Well now that McAllen has switched over, I don't know what to listen to. DPS sounds so garbled and computer-ish that I don't understand what they're saying half the time. Guess I'll use that NMO mount for something else. Maybe a cell phone booster?

that's Probably encryption you're hearing from DPS.they are using it more often now,

OhSixTJ

that's Probably encryption you're hearing from DPS.they are using it more often now,

You think? I can hear words, but it sounds robotic and garbled like they're talking under water. Sometimes it's clearer than others. I wonder if it's an audio setting in my scanner.

JoeTex1

You think? I can hear words, but it sounds robotic and garbled like they're talking under water. Sometimes it's clearer than others. I wonder if it's an audio setting in my scanner.

ok got ya then it's not encrytion but the result of digital audio,many times not even the dispatcher is able to decipher what's being said,and i doubt it's your radios settings.

OhSixTJ

ok got ya then it's not encrytion but the result of digital audio,many times not even the dispatcher is able to decipher what's being said,and i doubt it's your radios settings.

That's what I figured. Heard one at the gas station earlier and his radio sounded almost the same. What a tragedy.

JoeTex1

That's what I figured. Heard one at the gas station earlier and his radio sounded almost the same. What a tragedy.

yea digital radio isn't as great as advertised ,tho i was thinking of what you said and paid closer attention,and i heard skip from other DPS, stations north of the valley like DPS corpus and DPS dallas and the audio was mostly broken, that's besides the issue, but that's one of the reasons they really don't use ecryption that much,audio becomes worst.

OhSixTJ

What are you all monitoring these days since McAllen can't be heard and dps is garbled?

JoeTex1

What are you all monitoring these days since McAllen can't be heard and dps is garbled?

well when i'm here in the valley i listen to mostly DPS. aside from all the clutter on the radio.. and mostly anything thats not encrypted wether it be law enforcment or fire dpt's.

OhSixTJ

So I've been listening to an online stream of DPS here in the valley and it sounds considerably clearer than my scanner. How do I get mine to sound clear? Are there settings that need to be changed? I have the uniden bcd396xt.

Status
Not open for further replies.