McAllen Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
On the ULS site, select Frequencies tab; then down on the right, next to 'Define View:' click on Emission. You see [A] 8K10F1E which means they're adding P25 to the existing freq; the other code is analog. Typically, they borrow a couple of freqs from the existing system (minimum 2: 1 control and 1 voice) and set them up on the new system and test this way for awhile. When they're ready to cut over to P25 they will remove freqs from the analog system and add them to the P25 system. If they do a full cutover then they'll move all the users and freqs in one fell swoop. If they do it in groups they will move over enough freqs to cover the number of users they move over.

JoeTex1

Mc P-25

I Think Mcallen along with most hidalgo County Cities will use this TRS. And by the way is up and running..its got 24 reapeters county wide and its a TDMA P25 Phase 2? System-Fcc WPSE816 and WQLJ634

al95

TRS mean

I Think Mcallen along with most hidalgo County Cities will use this TRS. And by the way is up and running..its got 24 reapeters county wide and its a TDMA P25 Phase 2? System-Fcc WPSE816 and WQLJ634

This means we cannot monitor them with the currernt radios. What does TRS mean? I know there is not a scanner that can monitor TDMA P25 phase 2. I was thinking if I program the frequencies as conventional will I be able to listen to them. Yes or No?

al95

How would I program this new system>

Mcallen will be in a new 700Mhz frequencies. How would I program this frequencies? Will it be the same way I program the 800Mhz or will there be more steps to do. Does anyone know if Brownsville,Tx is doing the same thing?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
For the Pro-106/win500 set them up like a normal P25 trunking system, as "P25 Auto."

JoeTex1

Mc 700 Mhz. and 800Mhz.

In my opinion I think the City will keep the current 800Mhz. syst. for city services only while the Pd. Fire and emergency services will migrate to the 700Hmz. Trs. .....by the way I'v been unitrunking the Hidalgo County's New (4) P25 trunked sites and they are working togather with raymondville and willacy countys trs. and I'v counted 55 talk groups and growing..also they can interact with Phar'rs existing P25 ttrs....3 talkgroups so far .And the fcc application
for Hidalgo county says its temporary pending rebanding Mayb To ???

memo124

The City of McAllen will soon move from their Motorola Type II Smartnet to the new Lower Rio Grande Valley Regional Radio System which is a Project 25 Phase I. All of the city departments will move by next year.

JoeTex1

Will they be going Encryption Brownsville all ready did P.d. Fire and EMS all went that way ......in 2009 I saw the cities' order form for new p-25 compliment radios..and encryption enabled radio's were labeled on the order form..tho I never saw them around

OhSixTJ

In my opinion I think the City will keep the current 800Mhz. syst. for city services only while the Pd. Fire and emergency services will migrate to the 700Hmz. Trs. .....by the way I'v been unitrunking the Hidalgo County's New (4) P25 trunked sites and they are working togather with raymondville and willacy countys trs. and I'v counted 55 talk groups and growing..also they can interact with Phar'rs existing P25 ttrs....3 talkgroups so far .And the fcc application
for Hidalgo county says its temporary pending rebanding Mayb To ???

I've been looking for hidalgos new P25 freqs. Did you find them on the FCC website?

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Will they be going Encryption Brownsville all ready did P.d. Fire and EMS all went that way.....

ok, I FINALLY understand what you mean to say here. I had to read it several times. you mean "already", not "all ready". The way it is written, I thought you meant brownsville was all ready to do so, like it had not been done yet, but they were ready to do so. what you meant to write is that it has been done ALREADY. boy, an English teacher would fail you.

Status
Not open for further replies.