• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MCC 7500 Elite Dispatch Station-Specific Paging

mcscooter

Good morning everyone!

This is my first post, so please go easy on me if I'm not in the right location of the forum.

With the Motorola MCC 7500 Elite Dispatch system is it possible to have station-specific paging? Currently when a "call" is dispatched across our network the call is heard by all personnel, I would like to change this so only selected locations can hear the page. For example say I worked at a Fire Department and I wanted only a specific hall to hear a call vs and of the halls hearing the dispatch, how would it accomplish this?

Is this a software upgrade or would it require a hardware upgrade? Either way what type of cost would be associated with change?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me in this matter.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Configuration is performed in two places: Elite Admin application (which usually, but not always, is installed on the MCC PC), and the back end on the PRNM suite Provisioning Manager.

When you say "signaling", we need to know what kind: QCII, MDC1200, trunking private call/group call lists or are you using a toning interface or third party application like Mach Alert or another IP based FSA.

We need to know more about your specific FSA system. Cost can be as simple as the right person accessing those applications and creating/modifying alert groups/drop downs or if it's a third party like Mach, then one has to go into Mach Alert admin and build out what you want and push it to your clients in the field.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
As said need alot more info. To be honest most has nothing to do with the console but more how that "tone" or "page" gets to the field. With that said why would you want no one other than one station to hear a call ? As a volunteer I alwasy wanted to know when a mutual aid station went out so we could listen if MA was needed. Guess maybe if you can explain the reason that would help also.

mcscooter

Thanks for your input, obviously I still have more research to do and I will report back when I have the required information. I am assuming you a requesting what software we are using for dispatch so you can determine how to facilitate an answer to my question.

What is MCCPC?
What is QCII?
What is FSA?

I am very inexperienced when it comes to world of dispatching, so I apologize in advance if any of this seems trivial. Mayne someone could explain this to me like I was 7yrs old??

As for you question about why would you "not" want to listen to the tone of the other halls, I am a Full time Firefighter at a larger department that has 20+ calls a day and listening to all of these throughout a 24hr shift is having a negative impact on the health of our Firefighters.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Thanks for your input, obviously I still have more research to do and I will report back when I have the required information. I am assuming you a requesting what software we are using for dispatch so you can determine how to facilitate an answer to my question.

What is MCCPC?
What is QCII?
What is FSA?

I am very inexperienced when it comes to world of dispatching, so I apologize in advance if any of this seems trivial. Mayne someone could explain this to me like I was 7yrs old??
Not trying to be a Rich Cranium, but this if you don't know what FSA (fire station alerting) system you use, you probably want to turn this over to someone who is properly qualified or the local shop that implemented or maintains your dispatch center hardware and software and tell them what you want.

The knowledge needed isn't something one gets from a YouTube video. Most of the software and hardware is proprietary and vendors provide the training, service literature/instruction, and support.

As public safety dispatch/PSAP/ECC is a "life safety" communications service, software and hardware should only be manipulated bu those who have the proper training and credentials to do so. Speaking from experience, I manage technology for a large county PSAP/ECC and I only allow select few people other than myself to be "under the hood" of these systems and for good reason: accountability and liability.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
As for you question about why would you "not" want to listen to the tone of the other halls, I am a Full time Firefighter at a larger department that has 20+ calls a day and listening to all of these throughout a 24hr shift is having a negative impact on the health of our Firefighters.
To me thats an operational issue and not a technological issue. I've worked on and installed county wide radios systems along with city career stations and each one has different requirements and needs. I've went to stations that complained about how a system works (similar to yours) and found that someone bypassed an alert system or changed designs to meet other needs.

As said above I think you need to be talking to your local vendor, chiefs and supervisors to find out how the system was designed and what is really there.

example - Station radio is piped into lunch room but in bedrooms only alert happens via FSA or other means. Some of the volunteer stations are similar and its quiet until our tones go out then its loud in all rooms of station until a timer ends or a reset button is pushed.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It's just how MSI refers to MCC 7500 console positions. OP1, OP2, etc. A dispatch center may or may not use those designations internally, otherwise they are just arbitrary and identify each console's name within the console subsystem. The PTT ID can be completely different from the OP numbering, for example OP1-OP13 might have OTA ID's of 101-113 (MSI likes to start console numbering at 100 by default, unless the customer has other requirements).

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
PTT ID is what it will show on a module prior to any ID via MDC, or TLMR. Guess I'm confused where you are going here ? If your a dispatcher in front of that PC you should have been thru training on how to use the console and what each function is for. Why post a picture of a console configuration ?