McCarthy's Flowered Cabs - Scranton Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmacka

Does anyone in the Northeast PA area have any frequencies for McCarthy Flowered Cabs in Scranton. I can only find a frequency for Posten Taxi, which I believe is either out of business or based in Wilkes-Barre. Can anyone help?

captclint

Mentor
Does anyone in the Northeast PA area have any frequencies for McCarthy Flowered Cabs in Scranton.
The thing about taxi traffic is that is it is constant and easy to pick up on any search pattern, so if they had a dedicated freq, I would expect someone in our area would have ID'd them by now. Therefore, LTR is a very logical place for them. If you have seen their antennae, can you tell if they are VHF(18") or UHF(6")? There are several UHF LTR systems in the Scranton Area that I can't get well enough to map.
WPIV336, WPMV813, WPLV520, WPNP859, WNHB706, WPNT858, WPJS214.

Part of the problem is that there ARE so many, it is nearly impossible to separate them out to map, but you can program them as conventional just to see if you hear taxi traffic. If you find a frequency or 2 that they use, you can take a crack at Mapping that LTR System .Another good reason to check these systems out is that I found Hazleton Yellow Cab operating as a conventional dedicated frequency on the Hazleton LTR system . It is quite common to have 1 or 2 conventional channels on an LTR system. Of course, given the vast number of "hiding places" to try, close call near their base might prove more productive.
PS. Haven't listened to Posten in a year or so, but they were very active in WB at the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.