McEntire JNGB FD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
While in Columbia, SC on Saturday, I picked up some fire department activity on 173.5125 ($A70). The traffic was between DISPATCH and ENGINE 1 in reference to a medical call at Building 3800, Room 25. Dispatch first told Engine 1 that they were working on an ETA for EMS then later advised them "EMS is on the property." Since Fort Jackson public safety is on the US Army TRS, I'm guessing this was McEntire JNGB FD dispatch but I can't find any listings for it anywhere. Has anyone in the Columbia area heard it before?

trumpetman

Database Admin
I'm betting you found the final piece of the puzzle for this thread.

The ducting conditions I've noticed and what has been reported line up with originating from McEntire. Good find!

evan

Database Admin
Has anyone in the Columbia area heard it before?
Yes, I have it on my list of unknowns. I had a weak signal when I heard it but last audio I heard said "back in quarters" which would be consistent with the fire department hypothesis. Will continue to listen and confirm if it sounds like McEntire.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
While in Columbia, SC on Saturday, I picked up some fire department activity on 173.5125 ($A70). The traffic was between DISPATCH and ENGINE 1 in reference to a medical call at Building 3800, Room 25. Dispatch first told Engine 1 that they were working on an ETA for EMS then later advised them "EMS is on the property." Since Fort Jackson public safety is on the US Army TRS, I'm guessing this was McEntire JNGB FD dispatch but I can't find any listings for it anywhere. Has anyone in the Columbia area heard it before?
About what time Saturday?

KF4LMT

Premium Subscriber
It was picked up sometime between 0900-1200 I think. Unfortunately I didn't save any of the audio files so I don't have the time stamp from it.

Mac
KF4LMT

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
Ok, it was McCrady Training Center, so that might have been McCrady Fire and Rescue you heard.

evan

Database Admin
Wow, I've lived here my most of my life and never heard of Mccrady. Looks like they do indeed have their own fire service.

Status
Not open for further replies.