McGuire stages elephant walk on Friday, June 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseymilair

McGUIRE AIR FORCE BASE: A stream of jet transports and refueling tankers will take to the air Friday as the Air Force stages an "elephant walk" exercise to practice its response to emergencies.
The term comes from the mass air missions of World War II, when heavily armed bombers lined up nose to tail like elephants in single file. It's the first time C-17 Globemaster III transports and KC-10 Extenders have been paired in such a drill, base officials said. Nineteen aircraft will launch in a very short period of time Friday morning, they said.

Should be interesting to see,
Steve
jerseymilair

CLB

For a moment I thought that they would be connecting a whole line of tankers in a row.

But then I remembered that there's only a handfull of tankers with the capability to accept a transfer.

Damn....that would be cool though........10 KC-135's in a row all connected to each other hahahahaha.

Oh, a side note....CAFB did something similar in Charleston a few months ago. Launched somewhere around 17 aircraft in a row and flew over the new Cooper River Bridge. My wife works 1 mile from the bridge, and said the windows were rattling haha. There's a pic of it somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.