McGuire stages elephant walk on Friday, June 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseymilair

McGUIRE AIR FORCE BASE: A stream of jet transports and refueling tankers will take to the air Friday as the Air Force stages an "elephant walk" exercise to practice its response to emergencies.
The term comes from the mass air missions of World War II, when heavily armed bombers lined up nose to tail like elephants in single file. It's the first time C-17 Globemaster III transports and KC-10 Extenders have been paired in such a drill, base officials said. Nineteen aircraft will launch in a very short period of time Friday morning, they said.

Steve

Mark

Premium Subscriber
That sounds like could be busy morning Steve.Too bad I have to work Friday but will leave tape going and see what shakes out. Curious as to A/A freqs they will use whether group or various paired freqs. Also will they likely head offshore as well or just local pattern?

Mark
Maryland

jerseymilair

Have no idea where they will be headed to but I'm willing to bet they'll pass right over the Lakewood Industrial Park. I'll be at work too but will have my scanner on. I can pick them up rel easy inside the shop.
Might want to pay attention to 124.150, 118.650, 120.250, 319.400, 363.800, 139.875 and 128.300.
73's
Steve

Tech792

Right after 10am that morning is when radio traffic started picking up. Mainly, the McGuire app/dep & tower freqs. Along with the tanker interplanes (139.875, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.