McHenry Co Starcom Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobes

Feed Provider
Ive run into a situation I'm just not grasping on my new 396XT. I've programmed in the McHenry Co site from RR but I'm getting other ID's from ISP. Like ID 9098 which is the Tollway North I believe. Also getting ID's from Rockford too. Why and what have I done wrong here. Below is the only site I have programmed on the radio.

Sounds great but traffic I don't want... please help
d245e93c.jpg%22%3E

Attachments

• McHenry.jpg
    McHenry.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 504

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
what you hearing is roaming. thats why your hearing the other ISP tgs and the rockford tgs a unit is traveling thoughh the area

jobes

Feed Provider
Really.. the traffic is dominating the entire radio time. I take it I should lock (like 9098) sites out?

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
i have a pro 106 and i just put in the tg i want but wierd that you get a tg do you have a wildcard going in therre i dont know if the xts have them what scanner do you have?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On the 396XT there is no WCARD, but you have your System set to "search", you need to program in a "group" just the TG's you want and set the McHenry system to "SCAN" and it will only "scan" YOUR TG's.....

jobes

Feed Provider
Well I made the changes this eveing and I'm hearing no traffic at all now. I have my group setup and my system is set to scan.

Attachments

• McHenry2.jpg
    McHenry2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 608

jobes

Feed Provider
I think I've found the problem. It looks like the freq for the system are incorrect from RR. I looked up the McHenry profile on CARMA and found these for the county sheriff

Frequencies: 851.3500 851.7375 852.5500 853.0375 853.3125

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
YES, thats T147-Dekalb, you should program in also T146 and T120 for McHenry??....

jobes

Feed Provider
I'm apparently not not understanding something with StarCom. Ive added the freq for t120 and t146 and I'm not hearing any more traffic then I was before. Really only hearing ID1101 the main Co dispatch.

Ive attached a PDF of the system again hopeful someone can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Attachments

• McHenry.pdf
    18.3 KB · Views: 258

toonman4

If you are using freescan I can email you my setup for McHenry Co

Another thing, I pretty much only hear traffic on Sheriff Main 1101 and Local PD Main 1127
All of the local towns on the system are dispatched on 1127
The local talkgroups listed for the individual towns I think are being used as car to car channels not dispatch
Fire I believe is still being broadcast on the old systems for interoperability with the rest of the county

I don't listen to the county a lot, just usually when I'm driving around so I may be a little off on this info, it's just what I've noticed

Last edited:

jobes

Feed Provider
Toonman4, that would be great. I'd love to have a peek at the setup and see what I'm doing wrong... if anything. I'll PM you my email address

Thanks!

jobes

Feed Provider
The files looks to be about what I have programmed and it does look like the system is run good now. One thing I cant seem to find an ISPERN simulcast. Isn't 1102 "statewide" correct or something different?

toonman4

Not Sure if 1102 is ispern, I've never had much luck with the ispern tg's on starcom
I'll hear a broadcast on 155.475 but hardly ever get them on the starcom talkgroup

N9JIG

Sheriff
My understanding of the various "Statewide" talkgroups used by McHenry County is that these would work on sites outside the northern IL area, the rest only work in and around the McHenry County area.

AFAIK there is no ISPERN simulcast used by McHenry County.

MFD4305

Starting a New Thread....

...would have been better, but SC-21 TG 9050 is the ISP District 2 ISPERN patch. Check the CARMA profile for everything there is to know about Starcom-21.

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.