McHenry County Sheriff switches to new system

Status
Not open for further replies.

247wire

Does anyone know if the new McHenry County Sheriff's system will be added to a audio feed. As of this past week they have stopped simucasting on the old system and have now switched.

Thanks

jobes

Feed Provider
You are more then welcome to add them. My radios are all tied up feeding the cause(enjoyment).

247wire

Yes, they have stopped simulcasting on vhf and using the vhf. They are now fully switched to thier private 700/800 trunking system with the starcom 21 interface. Also latest info was all vhf was to be released and not used for backup.

toonman4

So are the old VHF system (repeaters, etc) dead and/or off air?

Used for backup?

THanks
Terry

I'm not sure if the old ones are going to be used for backup, I've had them locked out since the trunked system went online.
I'll turn the VHF system back on when I get home in the AM and check

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
The VHF repeater is sitll online Not much traffic other than a few of the small departments that they dispatched for

N9JIG

Sheriff
Yes, you can hear it on the StarCom digital system, it is not encrypted. As for hearing it in Rockford, if you can hear the McHenry County sites from there then you should be OK (remember to put in Site 146!). Occasionally units will affiliate with the Boone or Winnebago county towers, but not always, so hearing them thru you local towers will be a hit-or-miss scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.