Premium Subscriber
Since Baltimore Sun is Confirming...

The Baltimore Sun
‏
Verified account

@baltimoresun
10m10 minutes ago
More
We are investigating reports of an incident at the Capital-Gazette building in the 800 block of Bestgate Road in Annapolis. We will share details as we confirm them.

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
Lt. Ryan Frashure
‏

@AACOPD_PIO
1m1 minute ago
More
Active Shooter: 888 Bestgate Road #Annapolis. Media staging area is 839 Bestgate Road.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I've been flying around ACY all afternoon, and I get home to this.... It's right down the street, and my doctor's office is in that building. Typical suburban office bldg.

jpeterson24

Premium Subscriber
Box Area was 40-17. 2 MSP Troopers landed at Rolling Knolls Elementary School for a Priority 1 and a Priority 2. The MAB (MAB32) was on location and ESU35 requested along with PG County bomb squad units and State Police Bomb Squad units too I believe. 5 fatalities, 20+ injured.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Box Area was 40-17. 2 MSP Troopers landed at Rolling Knolls Elementary School for a Priority 1 and a Priority 2. The MAB (MAB32) was on location and ESU35 requested along with PG County bomb squad units and State Police Bomb Squad units too I believe. 5 fatalities, 20+ injured.

20+ injured proved to be inaccurate - much less than that thankfully.

Last edited:

ThePhotoGuy

Premium Subscriber
From a listener's standpoint, yesterday's radio communications was textbook. We often talk about on here the lack of interoperability and radio communications issues but yesterday proved different.

I started listening in shortly after the call went out and checked the archives for the minutes that I missed. Police and Fire remained calm on the radio and only provided important information without tying up the radio. I was also running Unitrunker and dozens of radios were logging in from various jurisdictions and the system handled it well.

Most of the initial traffic was on 11D Southern. Annapolis, Sheriffs, and MSP appeared to also use the talkgroup for operations. There were supporting agencies (NRP, Capitol Police, Howard PD, etc.) and I am not sure if they were also active on their talkgroup or not.

Sheriff and Annapolis talkgroups were also pretty active.

Initially fire put it in Juliet. As the incident expanded Charley (LZ ops), India, Lima, & Mike were all utilized. MCCU and the Alarmers used Disaster 3. Med 8 was also designated for the incident.

All agencies really did a great job on such a horrific incident.

jpeterson24

Premium Subscriber
20+ injured proved to be inaccurate - much less than that thankfully.

Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps it was a mixup. Listening to the EMRC call with EMS36, it sounded like AAMC could receive 4 priority 1 patients and 4 priority 3 patients; BWMC said they could take 3 priority 1 patients and 10 priority 3 patients. This would total to 7 priority one's and 14 priority three's, a total of 21 available spaces. Perhaps this is where the mix up was...?

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps it was a mixup. Listening to the EMRC call with EMS36, it sounded like AAMC could receive 4 priority 1 patients and 4 priority 3 patients; BWMC said they could take 3 priority 1 patients and 10 priority 3 patients. This would total to 7 priority one's and 14 priority three's, a total of 21 available spaces. Perhaps this is where the mix up was...?

Confusing and reporting capacity at hospitals vs. actual injuries - one of the many reasons why authorities don't like folks repeating what they (think they) hear.....

jpeterson24

Premium Subscriber
Confusing and reporting capacity at hospitals vs. actual injuries - one of the many reasons why authorities don't like folks repeating what they (think they) hear.....

However, at one point I did hear on TAC J of 7 priority one's and 13 priority three's when Fire Alarm asked command a patient count. This was pretty early on though and was never confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.