McLean Co. Illinois EMA scanner being taken down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

auntrainey

I called the mclean county emergency management agency here in Bloomington, and it has been taken offline forever. Apparently, the wrong people were using the info for the wrong reasons, and it became a safety issue. Bummer

auntrainey

I would not have the 1st idea on how to even find it, if someone would pick it up to stream it. I wish someone would though. Its nice to be able to listen to. My one son, his wife and 2 small babies live in cropsey and my younger son lives in bloomington. With the winter approaching, it would be nice to keep informed.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You can't be the only one from that area, someone else needs to pick it up and stream it. The whole B.S. sounds like internal problems not from the outside, or they are paranoid.

Personally, I like the fact that the mclean county feed is down, because it keeps the hoodrats with their dumbphones in the dark. Fewer kids will be up to no good if their phones won't let them listen in.
If you're really interested in the county's comms then you'll need a digital radio which is the only way to go. ;)

n9zas

auntrainey

Personally, I like the fact that the mclean county feed is down, because it keeps the hoodrats with their dumbphones in the dark. Fewer kids will be up to no good if their phones won't let them listen in.
If you're really interested in the county's comms then you'll need a digital radio which is the only way to go. ;)

n9zas

Yes I totally agree. I guess I better start saving up to get one, hahaa.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Yes I totally agree. I guess I better start saving up to get one, hahaa.

If you decide on a pro-197/ 106 or a uniden 996xt then I can help you get it up and scanning the starcom 21 system, although the uniden model is a little pricier.
Good luck!

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.