McLean County

Status
Not open for further replies.

blono61704

Anyone know what happened to the McLean County live feed. I used to be in contact with the guy (he was part of the emergency management) who was running it years ago before cell phone apps allowed for live streaming but then I moved to Europe for 6 years. I actually would listen to the stream via windows media player from a link in Europe. It was great!

About 3-4 months ago it was back online for a few days and then taken off again. I've been thinking of purchasing a Uniden BCD436HP or a BCD536HP and trying to set up a live feed but have no idea how to do it.

Anyone in McLean county using a 436 or 536? Any advice on which one to purchase? Is it worth it to spend so much or will a cheaper scanner do the job?

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I lived in Bloomington up until 7/13 and the county online feed was d/c due to kids monitoring the feed on their smartphones to commit petty burglaries and property damage, so Mc lean county EMA shut the feed down.

I listened to all mclean county traffic on a pro-197

n9zas

ehepner

Right now the cheapest you can go is BCD 996T, since that is 2 generations back, you can find them on ebay for a couple hundred. Based on what I've seen in the Pantagraph, there's going to be an "upgrade" come down the pike in the next couple years for StarCom21, which is where you'll find everything but Bloomington and County Fire/EMS. It's not clear from the reports what that upgrade is, but BPD is telling the city council that they won't be able to use their current radios. Also, BFD and the County have been testing StarCom talk groups, Bloomington Township seems to be using the county talk group exclusively.

Right now the cheapest you can go is BCD 996T, since that is 2 generations back, you can find them on ebay for a couple hundred. Based on what I've seen in the Pantagraph, there's going to be an "upgrade" come down the pike in the next couple years for StarCom21, which is where you'll find everything but Bloomington and County Fire/EMS. It's not clear from the reports what that upgrade is, but BPD is telling the city council that they won't be able to use their current radios. Also, BFD and the County have been testing StarCom talk groups, Bloomington Township seems to be using the county talk group exclusively.

Do you have a link to the news article? If there is upgrades to Starcom21 I thought that has been done already.

gewecke

Banned

They had to purchase new radios a few years ago since their legacy radios wouldn't work, then they became starcom 21 subscribers, and now they need new radios AGAIN??

might they be considering P25 phase 2 maybe? BFD is just now getting on starcom phase 1, so someone is dropping the ball at METCOM. :roll:

n9zas

They had to purchase new radios a few years ago since their legacy radios wouldn't work, then they became starcom 21 subscribers, and now they need new radios AGAIN??

might they be considering P25 phase 2 maybe? BFD is just now getting on starcom phase 1, so someone is dropping the ball at METCOM. :roll:

n9zas

Now I get it. There is no upgrade for Starcom21 because it is already Phase 2. BFD cant use their current radios because they are just VHF. They did have a VHF P25 freq they were testing on. You might be right about METCOM. Maybe they want TDMA.

gewecke

Banned
Now I get it. There is no upgrade for Starcom21 because it is already Phase 2. BFD cant use their current radios because they are just VHF. They did have a VHF P25 freq they were testing on. You might be right about METCOM. Maybe they want TDMA.

Tony if you look in the db, BFD already has a tg they've been testing on starcom21.

n9zas

blono61704

Just got the Uniden BCD436HP and still trying to figure it all out. Heard BFD on the VHF channel today but it comes in very very faint. I'm thinking of buying a different antenna. Any suggestions?

Also anyone around here have a 436 or 536? Have a few questions about programming the local frequencies...

Status
Not open for further replies.