McLean, VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

I'll be in the McLean area and I was wondering if anyone had a Uniden or Butel format file for the 396 they'd be willing to share.

The TRS for Fairfax County looks pretty straight forward but I'm a little intimidated by the new DC system. Also does anyone know how the coverage of DC's new system compares to the old system? I used to be able to pick it up the conventional freq's easily in McLean.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

dtscho

Database Admin
You should be able to hear the DC system from McLean. It might not be really strong, but it's probably going to come in. The system really isn't too hard to program. Just make two systems in your scanner--one for MPD and the other for DC Fire/EMS. The MPD one needs the two sets of custom table settings. The DC Fire/EMS is just an 800 MHz standard Motorola system. Both systems use 3600 control channels with digital voice on the talkgroups.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your visit.

Dave

kg4pbd

Thanks Dave,

The only thing I get a bit confused with are the custom table settings. I've never had to mess with that before.

Using ARC396 I created two systems for DC, one using the uhf control channel and one using the 800 mhz cc. Having created it within ARC396, imported directly from RR databse do I still need to adjust the custom table settings?

Thanks again for your help.

dtscho

Database Admin
I'm not sure if the RR import to ARC396 will capture the custom table settings. (I don't use that software.) You can check out the settings yourself in the scanner by going to Edit Sys Option > Edit Band Plan. It's a snap to type in the settings if they're not already there.

Dave

kg4pbd

Thanks for the help. The systems as imported from the RR database worked very well.

McLean is a great place to monitor! Almost too much to choose from. I only wish my time to monitor wasn't so limited while I'll was there. The DC systems came in 5 bars full signal strength on my '396. I did log some hits on the DOD systems but the audio was garbled. I'm still on the learning curve with digital systems, not much digital yet in Charlotte.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.