MCR to launch chopper service

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Is it really needed is the question?

Medevac with 2 ships Greeley & Mead

Airlife in Mead/Frederick as well

That's 3 helicopters already dedicated to Northern Colorado.

Jim<

rdrunnermedic

Is it really needed is the question?

Medevac with 2 ships Greeley & Mead

Airlife in Mead/Frederick as well

That's 3 helicopters already dedicated to Northern Colorado.

Jim<

Probably not, but it sure does make for a nice headline and some good publicity for PVHS. Now, as for whether or not those are good reasons to start an Air Ambulance service...

If I recall correctly from my time up in Fort Collins, PVH used to use MED 2 (463.025 PL 88.5) and/or MED 9 (462.950 PL 88.5) to coordinate the incoming helos. They might be worth a listen when the new MCR helo is put into service. You may want to enter them in in squelch search mode though, I seem to recall an AirLink helo having difficulty reaching PVH on MED 2 due to a PL programming error once.

Do keep in mind that this was several years ago so I have no idea if either MED 2 or MED 9 are still used by incoming helos at PVH or MCR.

Moosemedic

More helicopters

You forgot to mention Air Life's new ship in Cheyenne.

Scottsbluff and North Platte also have helicopters.

Doesn't this mean that the new MCR helicopter is kinda surrounded already, with the exception of going westward. Is there a relationship between Estes Park and the PVH system?

Spud

Money, money, money

It's all about money...
(and growing the corporate salaries.)

The UHF med frequencies are still in use also.
Med 2 uses a repeater in the penthouse (floor 7) of PVH.

The spud

kc0kp

It's all about money...
(and growing the corporate salaries.)

The UHF med frequencies are still in use also.
Med 2 uses a repeater in the penthouse (floor 7) of PVH.

The spud
PVH is privately held non profit corporation. At least they do not have to satisfy shareholders like Health One does.

nathancarlson

I hope they have plenty of room on the helipad. It seems like often times MCR is the closest hospital so Medevac leaves NCMC in Greeley, heads to the destination, and ends up transporting the patient to MCR, right? I understand its the nearest hospital, but NCMC has probably lost a lot of patients since they are being treated at MCR instead. From what I have seen its already a job juggling all the ships around, and they all work for different companies. Is it normal to have so many air ambulance services in one area? They are certainly a valuable resource so I am glad we have them there for us. I just hope they are all able to coordinate and work together.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I hope they have plenty of room on the helipad. It seems like often times MCR is the closest hospital so Medevac leaves NCMC in Greeley, heads to the destination, and ends up transporting the patient to MCR, right? I understand its the nearest hospital, but NCMC has probably lost a lot of patients since they are being treated at MCR instead. From what I have seen its already a job juggling all the ships around, and they all work for different companies. Is it normal to have so many air ambulance services in one area? They are certainly a valuable resource so I am glad we have them there for us. I just hope they are all able to coordinate and work together.

30 ships operating in the Phoenix metro area last I checked.

MCR receives some trauma patients that have bypassed Level III PVH because they are a Level II.

Jim<

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I hope they have plenty of room on the helipad. It seems like often times MCR is the closest hospital so Medevac leaves NCMC in Greeley, heads to the destination, and ends up transporting the patient to MCR, right?

The PVHS aircraft would be equipped with the latest medical transport technology available to support optimal on-flight treatment. Its home base would be Medical Center of the Rockies, a high-tertiary care hospital that features two landing pads, one on the rooftop and one at ground level.

They have two landing pads.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Rocky mountain regional med copters

I found an intresting link here of med assets for the entire region starting on page 76 Map on page 82

gacc.nifc.gov/rmcc/logistics/aviation/avmgmnt_safety_plan.pdf

guess theyt need to update some .

BTW can someone with access to the wiki post this link in colorado page it would be very useful thanks

nathancarlson

I heard a tone out and response between a helicopter and its dispatch, going to Yuma to pick up a patient, and bring them back to MCR. It was on 463.5875 with a DPL of 606. I put it in my scanner, and haven't heard anything sense. It was on Memorial Day, late in the afternoon that I heard this. I heard four or five different transmissions for that specific call, including the dispatch, reports on fuel, ect.

When I leave the freq. in search mode without the 606 tone, I get a lot of interference but haven't heard anything. My pro-106 had decoded the tone when I heard the traffic that Monday. I will let you know if I hear any more traffic.

nathancarlson

I got more traffic on that channel today. I am pretty sure it is Airlinks dispatch channel. I also caught Airlink 2 on 155.340 CT: 156.7 talking with Larimer County Dispatch, then they switched back to the 463.5875 and talked to their in house dispatcher.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
I hit MCR Helo & Dispatch a lot this afternoon talking about the thunderstorms and lighting out east and they would be back at MCR in 32 minutes. I hit them on both their frequencies. Not sure if both freq.'s are link together or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.