• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MCS2000 M3 Palm Mic Via Accessory Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have any experience wiring a palm mic to an MCS2k via the bottom accessory connector?

I found this thread: MCS2000 Remote Mic Wiring - Batboard but I want to make sure that it's as easy as me figuring out how to wire the mic to those pins. I don't trust myself at all, I usually screw delicate stuff like this up.

TIA

cmdrwill

They may have tinsel wire so you won't be able to solder the mic to the accy connector. You can use a female RJ45 jack and wire that to the Accy plug.

Here is my Motorola mic to ICOM HF radio adapter.

Attachments

• Icom Mot mic ad.jpg
    Icom Mot mic ad.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 886
Last edited:

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Gotcha, thanks very much. Do I have to do all the pins mentioned in the batlabs thread? Or do I just do all the wires from the mic and that's the end of it? Want to make sure I'm connecting the wires from the mic to the right pins on the connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
So I got a custom cable made from Kurt Meltzer, a pleasure working with him and a great seller that I would recommend to all for cable and wiring needs for radios!

Works great.

Thanks

Last edited:

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
His eBay username is mre1032.

Here is the diagram for the cable Kurt manufactured, attached.

1f8981a1f4f8a9b88f8ce653124c9ecd.jpg

Following Kurt's diagram you can connect your palm mic to your MCS2000 accessory connector.

His cable is quality and to the length specs I asked for. My particular cable has an ignition sense lead, and the speaker out terminates in a female plug that allows me to plug right into my Motorola speaker. For the mic leads, he used a cable terminating in a male RJ45 connector. This allowed me to stick a RJ45 coupler on the end of that, which I plugged my palm mic into. I am beyond pleased. I will say that I paid half of what I paid for the MCS2000 itself, on eBay, just for the cable. But it's ok because I got the radio for cheap and the cable is of high manufacturing quality. I couldn't have made one so nice myself, but I'm sure some of you could.

Here is a photo of my use case: my mic clips are on the right, so the mics connect via accesory connector instead of over the console :

e23df5b2e7c6da80ceeb45ca912e6e20.jpg

295d85543652c65aa1e6bb482c919376.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.