• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MCS2000 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy5715

Trying to program one of my MCS2000's I am using an aftermarket RIB and cable. I am almost 100% sure that is where my problem is lying. I used to have a Motrola RIB and the correct Moto Cable but I have moved numerous times over the past few years and can't find them.

Everytime I hook up to the radio it will go into "programming" mode and the computer will start to work, then the CPS will tell you that the radio had a communication failure.

CPS V. R02.02.00

Any tips or suggestions that anyone may have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, happy holidays!

jim202

The MCS2000 radios are very sensitive to low voltage while programming. I have tried several
different RIB units. The Polaris is one that will not work with this radio. It's voltage is too low
to get the computer to talk with the radio. Blame it on Motorola.

Jim

Trying to program one of my MCS2000's I am using an aftermarket RIB and cable. I am almost 100% sure that is where my problem is lying. I used to have a Motrola RIB and the correct Moto Cable but I have moved numerous times over the past few years and can't find them.

Everytime I hook up to the radio it will go into "programming" mode and the computer will start to work, then the CPS will tell you that the radio had a communication failure.

CPS V. R02.02.00

Any tips or suggestions that anyone may have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, happy holidays!

billy5715

Does anyone know of any aftermarket RIB's that will work with the MCS2000? I have searched again for my OEM Motorola RIB and still can't find it.

If anyone knows of a brand that has worked for them please let me know.

This aftermarket one I purchased does have a AC Adapter plug-in, will it work better with the AC Adapter or no?

Thanks.:confused:

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
I've used the Polaris II RIB and it works just fine on MTX/MTS/MCS/Saber/Spectra/HT600/HT1000/MT1000/Maxtrac/GM300/Radius and lots more that I've lost count on. I just keep a full charge on it before going to the field. On my desk, I will have it plugged into the power supply while programming.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
My motorola RIB works great when the 9volt battery is fresh fresh. But as soon as it falls off, I start getting more and more errors. Wenched a fix by using a 8 cell AA battery holder (12 volts) and securing outside the RIB. Fugly but works. Beats 9volt battery by at least 10 times.

Anybody try to juice up the voltage to a Polaris to see if that helps? Although that may be dicey with the internal rechargeable battery.

Last edited:

firemanbj515

mcs2000

I need some help. Please
I bought a Motorola mcs2000 vhf 100 watt radio.
I am wanting to prog this radio we have the software its the older software it runs off a old computer and someone told me for some of the mcs2000 you have to have the new software? So how do I know if the old software will prog my radio or do I need the new software. And also they said they are very hard to prog you will burn it up. If not careful with the prog.
Thank you for your time
All help would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.