MCSO Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jheitman

I have tried to set up the MCSO for the West Side, but I'm getting very little traffic.
I'm using Dispatch, TGID 43120, on sites Central Court, Smith Peak, White Tanks, and Yarnell Hill.

When I listen to Broadcastify for "Maricopa Sheriff East and West", I get much more traffic and none is common with what I'm receiving.

Am I on the wrong site?

KB7MIB

43120 is the West Main talkgroup. I don't know what TG's the Broadcastify provider is streaming, but they may not be streaming West, which may be why you're not able to match what you're hearing on your scanner with what you're hearing on the stream. (100, 400, 600 and 700 series callsigns are East. 200 and 300 series callsigns are West. 500 and 800 series callsigns are Lake and Mountain patrols. On occasion you will hear deputies using a different TG than what their callsign would indicate, but the majority of traffic will follow this convention.)
Use just the three main sites: White Tanks, Thompson Peak and Central Courts. Any other site is only a fill-in, and won't carry radio traffic on a regular basis. Smith Peak covers the far west side of the county, by the La Paz County line. Yarnell Hill is for deputies in the Wickenburg area. The White Tanks site may not sufficently cover those areas due to distance, or shadowing by other hills and mountains, so they help fill in.

John
Peoria

jheitman

MCSO

Thanks guys.
I have reprogrammed and included Thompson Peak in my site list.
I'll test tonight to see how that works.
I have a BCD536HP, which can be updated when re-banding occurs.
I checked and I have the current firmware.
I updated the master HPDB.

Jim

jheitman

MCSO

The Thompson site was a productive addition.
I have noticed that I'm only receiving 200 and 300 units on my West System.

The Broadcastify, "MCSO East & West" transmits all number units. Also, I have noticed that they are delayed about 30 seconds, which made me initially think they didn't correspond to my received messages, but I do get the same transmissions on 200 and 300 units.

I think I'm working the MCSO West effectively now,

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.