Mcso - switch to lgr ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
Greetings friends...

recently, I noticed on the Marion County Sheriff's Office CODES & SIGNALS LIST, they have whats known as a SIGNAL 75 (SWITCH TO LGR) does anyone know what LGR means ? If anyone is familiar w/ the MCSO SIGNALS, please explain what LGR is or means. Thanks, just looking for some local information to better understand the MCSO List.

PS, I have not heard them use it all that much, or lately, but I have heard them say it in the past.

Vern

Premium Subscriber
Here in Palm Beach County before the County had a trunked radio system, the "LGR's" were the County's Local Government Repeaters. LGR-1, LGR-2, and so on, for the various county services that were not handled by the Sheriff or the County Fire-Rescue.

Since the database shows that most county services in Marion Co. are now on their TRS, my guess is that the dispatch signal might be a left-over from the old radio systems where one of the SO or FD units may have used another radio to communicate with other county services on one of their LGR channels.

Just a wild guess from a couple hundred miles away :)

\/ern

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
Thanks Vern, I sort of thought that, but wasn't positive. If anyone else can confirm that, it would be greatly appreciated... Marion County had some old Sheriff freq's which may still be in use or possibly, another local county or government froup is on a system that the county Sheriff or Fire can switch over to. I will enter as many of the "old" county freq's, and track down any county gov't freq's that might be listed as active from the FCC database pertaining to this county... maybe I will find something useful to monitor. Thanks again !

trooper890

Lgr

LGR= local government radio. It was the name of one of the old VHF repeater channels for MCSO.

Probably wont hear that 10 code used anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.