MCTS To Go Digital March 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archon

I was told by the Head of Dispatch The Milwaukee County Transit System Will Switch to Digital Milwaukee County P-25 System on March 15 2017

Last edited:

WQJQ863

Can't Follow Simple Instructions
Banned
Thats more than likely not going to happen due to the extremely slow progress in getting the new system up and running

CrabbyMilton

I guess somebody had to go on that new system first. I would imagine that it'll still be simulcast on the current system for awhile anyway. It'll take a awhile to install the new radios in all of the buses.

prowisscan

If I recall correctly, MCTS were the first to utilize the current Milwaukee Co. TRS when they left their conventional UHF frequencies in the mid to early 90's.

CrabbyMilton

MCTS was I believe the second agency to join the current systems with the jail being first.

dnelson94

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch Cutover List

Per the minuets of meetings, it should be County 9-1-1, Milwaukee County Transit System, Correctional Jail Facility, Oak Creek, Franklin, Cudahy, Greendale, dispatch centers between 3:00 am and 4:00 am on the 15th.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
Wow, hope this happens so i can listen to that when i`m at Intermodal waiting for the train to my brother`s in Ohio, might make the waiting less boring (and give me an alternative to listening to the railroad chatter on the run to Chicago too).

CrabbyMilton

You can listen to MCTS now and if you have a scanner that can receive P25 you will be able to in the future. There is much to monitor in Milwaukee so perhaps you aren't looking in the right places.
In fact, I set one day out of the week to monitor a very segmented area because it gets to be a bit much at times. In other words, stepping back and doing something different at times. In fact it's funny that you bring this up because today I'm monitoring nothing but railroad traffic today. So next week it may be aircraft, school buses, or something else.

CrabbyMilton

Is there going to be a patch to the analog system? If not, I guess I have to enjoy it while I can until I buy a new scanner. Perhaps it's time for me to get a new one anyway. It's been over 13 years since the last time.

dnelson94

Premium Subscriber
Is there going to be a patch to the analog system? If not, I guess I have to enjoy it while I can until I buy a new scanner. Perhaps it's time for me to get a new one anyway. It's been over 13 years since the last time.

Yes – The departments mobiles, base stations, and portables will be programmed to the P25 system in stages over the rest of the year.

CrabbyMilton

Thanks I appreciate that. I listened for a short time this morning and the dispatcher was talking on 'the new system" and said all was well.

Archon

When The new radios were put in the buses They were Digital ready So it should not be much of a problem now the call is much clearer since the change over. You don't hear the dispatcher key in any more When they talk they just are there the analog system you could hear the key in.

Status
Not open for further replies.