• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

md 380 signal droping out after 5 secs

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD723

I don't know if this is the right place to post but I am trying to listen to my local police dept that is dmr in my area and my tyt drops its signal after around 5 seconds of inactivity and it does not pick up anything unless i press any button on the radio and the receive light does not come on but if I test tier 1 with no repeater everything works fine and the light does too. As of now I have the modified firmware for promiscuous mode but I reverted back earlier to the regular firmware but same problem.

Ubbe

It is a new hardware in the TYT MD380 with a new firmware from factory and any other firmware used makes the MD380 go into some sort of sleep mode. There's a little script file available that needs to be loaded and run in the MD380 that do some sort of dummy button press each 3 sec as a temporary fix to keep the radio alive. Is it brand new radios you have?

/Ubbe

D

dtx-120

It is a new hardware in the TYT MD380 with a new firmware from factory and any other firmware used makes the MD380 go into some sort of sleep mode. There's a little script file available that needs to be loaded and run in the MD380 that do some sort of dummy button press each 3 sec as a temporary fix to keep the radio alive. Is it brand new radios you have?

/Ubbe

Mine was purchased used. The original owner bought it a while back but never programmed it. But I am familiar with the script you mention and have used Virtual Box to load that script onto the radio but have not been able to test it properly. I'm at wits end with this radio. I've owned it a month... shouldn't be this difficult to use.

LD723

oops I forgot to mention long time ago that I fixed it by reflashing the new firmware d014.004

D

dtx-120

oops I forgot to mention long time ago that I fixed it by reflashing the new firmware d014.004
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the downside to this, is that the hacked firmwares that shows the caller ID are on buggy ver 13.20. So your radio works fine now without any issues?

LD723

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, the downside to this, is that the hacked firmwares that shows the caller ID are on buggy ver 13.20. So your radio works fine now without any issues?
yes it does work perfectly now and I have noticed that tyt released released new firmware d14.007 on their website with a new cps version aswell I dont know the difference between d14.004 and the newly released d14.007

LD723

/Ubbe
Yeah the radio I bought was new but I mainly use it to listen to my local police dept. I wonder what hardware changes tyt has made for the md 380 and I wonder if the older 380's (which I dont have) that had older firmware works with the newer firmware meant for the newer md 380's

D

dtx-120

yes it does work perfectly now and I have noticed that tyt released released new firmware d14.007 on their website with a new cps version as well I don't know the difference between d14.004 and the newly released d14.007
I think the 14.04 is to address the sleep issue (not sure) but I was unable to get the the new version of CPS to work properly. Kept getting errors when I launched the program. I believe the hacked firmwares are based on the TYT 13.20 firmware though, and between TYtoolz and MD380 Tools, the latter can be used with a fix for the sleep issue if you load it on the the radio using the KD4Z toolkit method via VirtualBox.

The problems I was having seemed to have been generated from my distance to the repeater and some errors in my code plug. I'm using a hotspot now without issue, and have been able to hit the repeater using a mobile antenna, or if I drove a few miles closer I was able to hit with high gain HT antenna. I'm currently using the TYtoolz firmware and not experiencing any issues. Here's some information the on KD4Z toolkit:

https://www.hamdigitaal.nl/download/algemene-informatie/KD4Z-Toolkit-v4-Tutorial-v1.0b.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.