• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MD-380 Time slot shifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dtx-120

Hello all,

I have an MD-380 with the latest Tytoolz firmware install and when trying to transmit on a given repeater frequency using slot 2, the radio will activate the talk group (e.g. 91 Worldwide) and I can moniter the conversations on that time slot, but it keys up as time slot 1, and people are unable to hear me.

I've confirmed this by auditing my Tx on the repeater's receive frequency with a Whistler 1088 scanner. I've seen a youtube video documenting a similar situation but with a TYT 2017 radio. At this point the radio is useless to me transmitting on DMR. Any help would be greatky appreciated.

N4KVE

This was a problem with the early 380’s. Transmitting on the opposite time slot. Haven’t heard about this in a few years, I thought they resolved it. Guess not.

D

dtx-120

This was a problem with the early 380’s. Transmitting on the opposite time slot. Haven’t heard about this in a few years, I thought they resolved it. Guess not.
Thank you for the reply. I bought the radio used of off ebay for about $60. The guy selling it said he had it for a while but hadn't used it because he never got around to taking the Technician's exam. So it could very well be one of the older models. Live and learn I guess... avoid buying used stuff. Well, I guess now I have a beater radio for 70 cm and something to use with hotspot. Thanks again. Cheers =o)

Ubbe

Slot selection are done in firmware and have nothing to do with old hardware so probably some glitch in that Tytoolz, which i've never heard of. Try another firmware like MD380Tools or MD380Toolz that haven't reported any problems. You do have programmed the TX parameters correctly for the channel you are using and the designated TX channel haven't been specified incorrectly?

/Ubbe

Sounds like you have not programmed it correctly.

You need to make sure that you are using the correct CONTACT for the desired fields... If you have different contact names under the fields, you'll get the problem you are having....

If you'd like, send me your code plug and I'll review it for you.

D

dtx-120

Slot selection are done in firmware and have nothing to do with old hardware so probably some glitch in that Tytoolz, which i've never heard of. Try another firmware like MD380Tools or MD380Toolz that haven't reported any problems. You do have programmed the TX parameters correctly for the channel you are using and the designated TX channel haven't been specified incorrectly?

/Ubbe

Thank you for the reply. I have the latest MD380Toolz installed, and I have found a Youtube video which documents another problem with the radio going to sleep after 5 seconds.

D

dtx-120

Check your code plug config,sound like you may need to reverse your time slot setting or ask how the repeater owner has the repeater setup.....

Yes, thank you for the reply. I loaded a new codeplug and keyed up on a different reapter and made two contacts tonight. One on 91 and the other on TAC310 =o)

D

dtx-120

You need to make sure that you are using the correct CONTACT for the desired fields... If you have different contact names under the fields, you'll get the problem you are having....

Thank you for the reply and your kind offer. I loaded a new codeplug tonight and made two contacts! I'll message you again tomorrow with the code plug that is giving me trouble.

Best,
/dtx120

D

dtx-120

Yes, thank you for the reply. I loaded a new codeplug and keyed up on a different reapter and made two contacts tonight. One on 91 and the other on TAC310 =o)

I've attached the file. These are the two primary repeaters I connect two:

Repeater Info | BrandMeister

Repeater Info | BrandMeister

Thanks
/dtx

Attachments

• NEW_selccoms_import-no-id.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 1
D

dtx-120

I've started a new codeplug from scratch. These are the two DMR repeaters I have it configured for so far:

New Orleans 444.22500 N5UXT Louisiana Repeater

LaPlace 442.67500 KD5CQA Louisiana Repeater

Thanks,
/dtx

Attachments

• FROM_SCRATCH_NO_ID.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 2
D

dtx-120

Problem has come back again. I receive groups on different time slots but my transmissions are not being head. :mad:

Ubbe

I have an MD-380 with the latest Tytoolz firmware install and when trying to transmit on a given repeater frequency using slot 2, the radio will activate the talk group (e.g. 91 Worldwide) and I can moniter the conversations on that time slot, but it keys up as time slot 1, and people are unable to hear me.

I've confirmed this by auditing my Tx on the repeater's receive frequency with a Whistler 1088 scanner.

You can't confirm using that method. Any slot received in DMR simplex or from a mobiles TX will always be decoded as slot 1 as there are no way a scanner or radio can distinguish between slot 1 or 2 if only one slot are transmitted. Your codeplug has a bogus ID of 1234 but I assume you program your correct DMR id when using the radio as a non valid ID will not let you through in the repeater.

/Ubbe

D

dtx-120

You can't confirm using that method. Any slot received in DMR simplex or from a mobiles TX will always be decoded as slot 1 as there are no way a scanner or radio can distinguish between slot 1 or 2 if only one slot are transmitted. Your codeplug has a bogus ID of 1234 but I assume you program your correct DMR id when using the radio as a non valid ID will not let you through in the repeater.

/Ubbe
Thank you for the reply. I do have a valid DMR-ID but for privacy purposes, I removed my DMR ID before uploading the codeplug here on the forum. I've run the Netmon feature in Tytoolz and "nosig" frequently appears. I've also transmitted to the BM Parrot and I get no audio coming back in on the Parrot recording. I've tried all the available firmwares (even latest Jan 2019 v14.07 from TYT) as well and use Dale Farnswworth's codeplug editor. I've had the radio for almost a month and have made only 3 contacts on DMR. Something is flaky about this radio. The radio originally had the 13.20 firmware on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.