• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MD-390 Call ID Already Exists Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgchristy

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

This is probably something simple and I'm just overlooking it. Let's say, for example, you have two different DMR channels that you want to monitor. One is a hospital and the other is a school district. The two entities are not associated with one another, and the channel frequencies are different. The repeater slots and color codes are either the same or different, that doesn't seem to matter when entering the channel information. The problem is that both use the call or group ID "1". When I enter the second call ID in the Digital Contacts list, I get the "Call ID is already exists" error message. First, Is it possible to monitor different channels that use the same call or group ID? If so, what am I doing wrong and what do I need to be able to monitor both. Right now, I've found five different channels that I would like to monitor and they each use call or group ID 1. I've also found three different entities that use group "100" and four that use "200". If it matters, I'm using the TYT CPS and I have no interest in transmitting on these channels. I searched this forum for duplicate call ID, the error message, etc. but couldn't find anything. I don't have a DMR capable scanner at this time.

Take Care,
Rich

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The repeater slot, color code, etc are part of the channel data, not the Contact data. Program a Channel with the color code, time slot, frequency, etc. and select the Contact that corresponds to the appropriate talkgroup ID. You can use the same Contact for any number of Channels, but it can only have one name--you can't call talkgroup 100 "Fire Dispatch" on one system and "Custodial/Maintenance" on another.

The radio isn't really designed to be a scanner; the firmware and CPS assume it will be affiliated with one system, not multiple systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.