MD Aviation Administration - Has there been a change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
I just got back after a week in California and fired up my HP-1 and there was no signal to be seen or heard with respect to the MAA P25 system. I checked my BCD396XT and same thing. I checked the RRDB and discovered that I was missing two frequencies in the 396XT so I added them. The HP-1 has the latest database in it already. Still nothing. And this was at the observation parking lot so I was close enough though I have also been able to receive the system from my home in Pasadena. Is anyone else hearing this system? Has there been a change?

Thanks,
Rick

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Rick-

It's not just you... something does seem amiss. I've been away, too, so can't say if it's permanent or temporary, but I'll try running Pro96com to see if there's been a control channel change or addition.

I was able to hear some MAA comms last night by just tuning to a few of the current VC freqs, but didn't find a control channel--of course that's not surprising from Pasadena or Curtis Bay, where I live--so will try again when I'm at work near BWI on Monday. I can still hear the PD simulcast on 453 MHz.

Please let me know if you hear anything.

Regards,

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Figured it out!!

Thanks for the reply. I went to the airport this morning and searched and found a new control channel frequency: 851.2625. Plugged that in to the 396XT and the HP-1 and both are receiving and following the system again. I'll submit for inclusion into the RRDB for this system.

Thanks,
Rick

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, Rick!

Thanks for the info... does no good to run Pro96com, if I don't have the correct control channel. Will let it run for awhile, and see if there are any other new freqs. I wonder if this is a precursor to something else, rebanding, etc.

Appreciate your sharing the info.

Take care,

dtscho

Database Admin
Looks like the system has rebanded - I updated the database. All frequencies from 866-869 MHz shift down exactly 15 MHz.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.