• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera MD-UV380: backlight on AFTER squelch close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remon

I have a TYT MD-UV380 with the following issue:

Screen backlight is set at 15 seconds. While tuned on an analog channel with the backlight in off state, it doesn't lit up when receiving a signal. It lights up AFTER the transmission when the squelch closes.

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior, a bug in the firmware or an overlooked setting in the CPS?

No tone squelch is used. On digital DMR mode channels the screen light up immediately.

Remon

I did some additional tests:

Programmed CTCSS decoder on a channel and transmitted with another radio on that channel. In this scenario the screen lit up immediately.

On channels with all CTCSS or DCS setting to none the display only lit up AFTER the transmission when the squelch closes.

Ubbe

It lights up AFTER the transmission when the squelch closes.
Have you tried another firmware, like some of the experimental ones? You can never brick the radio by doing something wrong as you can always load the original firmware back into it.

I can see the same phenomen in a SDS100 scanner, that in some mode the backlight turns on after the call.

/Ubbe

Remon

The experimental ones are for the single band MD380's? I tried re-flashing to radio with both the most recent (V018.011) CSV and REC firmware. I also tried it with older versions from 2019. No luck with that unfortunately.

w2xq

Mentor
My MD-UV380s in analog mode: (1) screen lights up when pressing tx key and stays lit for a few seconds; (2) screen lights up when receiving a signal, e.g., a repeater ID or someone on the air, and stays lit for a few seconds.

FWIW I have never found a reason to update firmware. One radio about 2.5 years old, the second about 1 year old.

HTH.

Remon

Thanks for testing. Do you have a GPS or non-GPS version?

I bought a Retevis RT3S and didn't touched the firmware neither I connected it to my computer: same problem. A Retevis RT3S GPS is on it's way because it has a different firmware with a higher version number. If that doesn't work also an Ailunce HD1 GPS is on it's way..

I also finally got a response from TYT (after I ordered all the radio's..) and they can reproduce the problem I had. They expect a new firmware ready for testing in a week.

Soon I have some radio's for sale..

w2xq

Mentor
Sorry, didn't see your question until now. My 2 MD-UV380 units are non-GPS. I have no interest or need for GPS.

I consider the MD-UV380 to be a bulletproof radio (as is the M380). I hear the locals complain about the endless updates to the various Anytone radios.

You may want to join the Colorado HD weekly net, Brandmeister tg 31088, on Tuesday evenings (2130 EDT), to ask your questions and comment on your experiences. There are a lot of knowledgeable persons in the clan. See High Country Digital Radio - Colorado Digital for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.