• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MDC & DTMF tones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Ok reasoning im bringing this question up is i came across a video on youtube for someone demonstrating a Moto GP300 with full DTMF keypad for HAM "rarely Ive seen those"

Maybe this should be in the ham section but there's not a general discussions area typically that i could think its suitable to be in, sorry if its in the wrong place.

I know MDC is just a TX of the radios unit ID and also a just a databurst before or after but If i had a radio that has full DTMF, would the DTMF transmit some type of tone upon keying up or is this just for kenwood radios? sounds like a telephone dialing in

It wouldnt work if i had a radio thats not a fully DTMF right? though in my GP300 i can actually set up some phone number? just kinda stupid i bring this up but im just kinda testing more things I have never done with it.

Last edited:

Josh

I read your post a couple times and am having trouble figuring out what you're saying.

There was a such thing as a DTMF GP300.

You would hold down the PTT button and push DTMF digits to get them to be sent over the air. You could have DTMF and MDC-ID enabled at the same time, but you would have to wait for the pretime tone (if pre-ID was enabled) before you could press digits.

The full keypad model also allows for 2 extra preprogrammed buttons (P1 and P2) which could be set up for monitor, scan delete, whatever... same programmable functions as side buttons. You could also preprogram phone numbers and access codes to auto dial from a preprogrammed list assigned to a button accessed when in phone mode.

I don't know if that answers your questions.

-Josh

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Oh ok, i was wondering how to tinker with DTMF, i dont have a full keypad GP300, just plain, was playing with the RSS and trying to see if it works, guess i need something on the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.