• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

APX MDC ID and astro key up noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
On my convention MDC, I have the MDC "bursting" over the air rather than just the normal burst. I have the burst taking longer and breaking along the way.

On my Astro ID, How can I get the radio to make a pre tone before keying up?

Thanks!

FoxMcCloud

On my Astro ID, How can I get the radio to make a pre tone before keying up?
Check to see if you have more than one MDC system. You can check by going to the personality and looking in the signalling tab. Then go to that MDC System in, Conventional>MDC>MDC system X. Then check the PTT ID Side-tone box, I know some newer CPS let you choose between a short and a long side tone. Unless you are wanting the Talk Permit Tone for trunked channels, I'm not sure how to do that. But I know it isn't an intended configuration.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Check to see if you have more than one MDC system. You can check by going to the personality and looking in the signalling tab. Then go to that MDC System in, Conventional>MDC>MDC system X. Then check the PTT ID Side-tone box, I know some newer CPS let you choose between a short and a long side tone. Unless you are wanting the Talk Permit Tone for trunked channels, I'm not sure how to do that. But I know it isn't an intended configuration.

It either gives me a choice between mdc, quick call or astro in the conventional personalities.

K2NEC

I know on the XTS radios, when you enable the encryption, it puts a beep on astro channels

I can see if that's an option on apx

jruta

Is there a “short tone” option for MDC on key-up for APX? I remember on older radios it was a short BEEP after the MDC ID was sent, as opposed to the long BEEEEEP while it was being sent

crazyboy

You should have bought any other brand besides Motorola. They don’t think it’s a needed feature on their flagship APX line, but their low tier Trbo line will do it on analog and DMR. If you’re in the clear, clear alert tone, will be the best you get. If you go encrypted, you’re beat. Maybe one day Motorola will wake up and actually implement features their customers want.

FoxMcCloud

It either gives me a choice between mdc, quick call or astro in the conventional personalities.
You won't be able to add it in the signalling tab where you can choose signalling systems. You need to go Conventional>MDC>MDC system X, this is where you will find pretone options. Not sure if you are doing Astro or Astro25. But Astro25 radios have more options on TPT (talk permit tone). Here is where you can find the TPT options on both the Astro radios (Astro Saber, XTS3k etc.), and the Astro25 radios (XTS5000 etc.)

Attachments

• xts3.PNG
    xts3.PNG
    257.4 KB · Views: 40
  • xts5.PNG
    xts5.PNG
    284.6 KB · Views: 41

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
You won't be able to add it in the signalling tab where you can choose signalling systems. You need to go Conventional>MDC>MDC system X, this is where you will find pretone options. Not sure if you are doing Astro or Astro25. But Astro25 radios have more options on TPT (talk permit tone). Here is where you can find the TPT options on both the Astro radios (Astro Saber, XTS3k etc.), and the Astro25 radios (XTS5000 etc.)

It's just plain astro. Ill see if I can find a TPT on the APX software.

Thanks

K2NEC

On an XTS you can go into conventional>Secure>Secure config and if you check the "Secure Equipped" it put a single beep when you key up. Not sure if you can do that on an APX but it might be worth trying/playing around with.

As mentioned by "crazyboy" it's as good as you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.