• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MDC on APX7/7500

Status
Not open for further replies.

paloozapro

Howdy folks. Another long time lurker, and first time poster -- a good sign if every one of my questions can be answered without needing to create threads!

I have a rack of commercial equipment as the in-house nerd for my company, and am trying to integrate two radios into our simple MDC calling system. I have an APX7 and APX75 that I cannot get to decode the trailing edge ID's.

I had found this thread, http://forums.radioreference.com/motorola-forum/185229-mdc-decode-xtl5000-apx7000.html , but the focus seemed to be on the XTS unit lacking in the code plug region. I've looked, and there doesn't seem to be an option for the APX series to have a digital ID function turned on, or off for that matter. My temporary conclusion is that I can't find the check box which reads "Decode MDC data" in CPS.

Could someone shed some light for me? Thanks.

APX7000
9S24M8-3116D7-1

APX7500
9A3558-0116R0-6

Cheers,
Mitch

sfd119

You're too new of a member for it. You need some more posts.

paloozapro

N1GTL

Database Admin
Under Radio Ergonomics Configuration> Display, set the "PTT ID Display" drop down to "Dispatch and Scan"

paloozapro

Under Radio Ergonomics Configuration> Display, set the "PTT ID Display" drop down to "Dispatch and Scan"

Changed those values and added time for the "End of Voice Timer", yet am still not getting any ID displayed...

Additional thoughts or ideas? The channel in the zone in question is configured as an MDC system as well.

Thank you for the help.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I'm assuming you have assigned the MDC system to your Conventional Personality profile? If you'd like, e-mail the code plug and I'll scan through it.

Just to be clear, you are wanting to see the MDC ID of the transmitting radio on your radios display?

paloozapro

I'm assuming you have assigned the MDC system to your Conventional Personality profile? If you'd like, e-mail the code plug and I'll scan through it.

Just to be clear, you are wanting to see the MDC ID of the transmitting radio on your radios display?

Happy to have a fresh set of eyes look at it.

Correct. We use a trailing edge MDC ID format, and although the APX's are transmitting their ID's at the end, they are not decoding other radios' ID's.

Status
Not open for further replies.