• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Mdc Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPERT20906

Is what I am hearing on the 800 Mhz scanner the MDC as or what is it? I am wanting to know because it seems when 1 goes down they both go down? Also on my scanner when someone is talking what does the UC by the freq & the S112 & this funny looking s or z mean & is it in the instructions book?

Thanks & God bless yoi all.

Bob

Last edited:

SPERT20906

phil_smith said:
what's an MDC?
Sorry about that I keep forgetting not everyone knows what things mean, just like people do not know what some computer codes or 'jargon' is? Forgive me;

MDC = MODILE DATA COMPUTER - think dispatch use this [desk top]
MDT = MOBILE DATA TERMAIL [forgive my spelling all, spell checker seems not to work on this browser for some reason] - filed laptops.

I think I am right, but if someone knows more then please correct me. Thanks,

Bob

SPERT20906

Just heard the answer to my question, I heard someone on the police [or fire/rescue] saying;

"Can you send it to my MDC"

So they seem to be different, but could all use the same server or something if they all go down @ once. I thought they were the same & I was WRONG [buzz], I get the dunce hat for this one. Thanks.

Dubbin

Premium Subscriber
I know what a MDC and MDT are but you are still going to have to give out a little more info then whats in your first post. Its really hard to know what you are hearing without us hearing it too. Also you mention an instruction book but fail to say what this book is for.

SPERT20906

Dubbin said:
I know what a MDC and MDT are but you are still going to have to give out a little more info then whats in your first post. Its really hard to know what you are hearing without us hearing it too. Also you mention an instruction book but fail to say what this book is for.
Sorry about that the instruction book for my scanner.

flyingwolf

Thew funny looking z is probably a lighting bolt, indicating that you are receiving a transmission.

Read the Manual to find out what all of the different items on the display are for.

Another common Internet acronym,

RTFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.