• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MDC Signaling - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkaplan501

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have a Moto HT1250, and an EX600XLS. I am trying to make it so when I key up on any one of those radios, they can send the 4 digit identifier. I'm not sure if it is a problem with sending the identifier, or receiving it, and displaying it. I have 2 MCD systems programed on both program files, one for fire (8501), and one for EMS (55A3)... On my fire channels, when I key up, I want it to display 8501 on the other radios. and same for the ems ID. I have already assigned each channel with its respective MCD system in the personalities, but there must be one thing I am missing. PLEASE HELP!!!

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have a Moto HT1250, and an EX600XLS. I am trying to make it so when I key up on any one of those radios, they can send the 4 digit identifier. I'm not sure if it is a problem with sending the identifier, or receiving it, and displaying it. I have 2 MCD systems programed on both program files, one for fire (8501), and one for EMS (55A3)... On my fire channels, when I key up, I want it to display 8501 on the other radios. and same for the ems ID. I have already assigned each channel with its respective MCD system in the personalities, but there must be one thing I am missing. PLEASE HELP!!!
PM coming your way with my email address. If I can look over the codeplugs for both radios, I can probably offer some suggestions.

Just understand that if you have two radios set up with the same MDC ID on the same frequency, they won't decode each other. If you have the fire and ems channels in both radios, and they are both set up for both of your ID's on the respective channels, they will not decode. You need another radio set up to decode MDC to correctly see the ID's. That radio can not have the same ID's as yours.

tkaplan501

Premium Subscriber
Steve,

I think that is the problem... I will go to the firehouse tonight to test it on the rig radios, but do the rig portables need to have a MDC decode setting on to decode my ID? I will email you my codeplugs later when I am home at my programming computer.

Thanks

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Steve,

I think that is the problem... I will go to the firehouse tonight to test it on the rig radios, but do the rig portables need to have a MDC decode setting on to decode my ID? I will email you my codeplugs later when I am home at my programming computer.

Thanks
Tommy,

Yes, the receiving radio has to have MDC enabled on the respective Rx channels and it has to have a display screen. Otherwise, you just hear the squawk.

N2JDH

Click on the Conventional Personality you want. After you input the Frequency and PL Tone, go to the Signaling Tab. Make sure you put the RX and TX on the MDC you want. Scroll down to the + on Signaling and set your Primary ID. Set it for Pre and Post (When you key and after you release). Check off all the boxes you want. I have the 3 on the left and the middle one on the right. The "Display Decode ID" should be checked. Go down to Call. Select MDC Call. This is where you input all the MDC ID's to be decoded on the display. Alias is the name you want on the display. Select the MDC list number you want it in ID one for EMS, 2 for PD, 3 for FD... Personality Alias is for the channel you want it specifically on. I left mine blank. Now, in ID, I filled in all the boxes with info. In Type: Individual the ID is 1234. Type: Group the Fleet is 2 and ID is 34. Go back to Type and put it back in Individual. That is how I did mine. After that, it is all set. You do that for all the channels and IDs you want to set. It is a pain in the behind, but I have about 50 MDC's I manually entered!

Have anymore questions, let me know. I can email my Motorola Rep and get added info or the actual instructions, if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.