MDC1200 decoding for bcd996xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

scandude43

Premium Subscriber
Just a question. I was wondering if anyone ever posed the question to uniden R&D to see if they could add mdc1200 decoding to the next firmware update for the bcd996xt . I think that it would be cool since they have already added unit id for trunking systems in the 1.04 firmware. how much more of a task would it be to add mdc decoding for the next update.

just a thought

D

DaveNF2G

caveat - MDC decoding would have the same issues as UID decoding has. If you miss the start of the transmission when the data are transmitted, then you won't see any identification.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
Not always. Depends on how the radios are programmed. It can be sent at the start, end or both.

garys

Premium Subscriber
What about systems that filter it so that it's not retransmitted?

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
This should have been an function in scanners long long ago. MDC1200 has been around a long time now. They've all missed the boat on this.

scandude43

Premium Subscriber
I just wish someone would call uniden and pose the possiblity of adding it. I know there's third pard software one can use to decode it but you need a computer wires and it just would be alot easier just to build into the radio. and the issue of missing the I.D. well not if you're locked on to the channel and not scanning. but enough said. thanks for the replies.

D

DaveNF2G

There is some MDC in my area, but New York is predominantly a GE state, so we would need G*Star decoding, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.