MDFR Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbynuts

Premium Subscriber
I am currently trying to monitor Miami-Dade Fire Rescue on my PSR-800 using the data provided in the RR database and can only seem to receive MDFR south and( west?) dispatch on West Tac, and C Disp sporadically ( comes in strong and clear when I do receive them). Is there something going on at MDFR that is causing this? , or is it a possible programming issue on my end? I also can't receive N Disp. This may be due to me living on the southwest part of the county ( SW 104St & 117th AVE). Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

watchtower6

Premium Subscriber
Someone posted previously that the changes are due to Metro-Dade resetting frequencies to comply with the narrow banding requirements and taking down each frequency at a time to reconfigure it. So far I've found North on 460.45 and with the DCS changed to 244. Earlier they were using 453.525 with a DCS change to 226. Can't say whether that's permanent or just during the narrow banding. Older freqs that previously had different licenses have recently been ID'ed as WNLX505 so clearly a reorganization is under way. Not a lot of info but I hope it helps.

bobbynuts

Premium Subscriber
That did help, thank you. I had North Disp (they are using MDFR N Admin) set to 460.45 with DCS 243. Btw, I figured out that they are using MDFR C Admin on 460.40 with DCS 251 for Central dispatch, which I hadn't added to my scanlist. I was actually receiving MDFR C Tac sporadically (which makes sense) thinking it was Central dispatch. As you previously mentioned, all of these changes are due to the narrow banding of the MDFR frequencies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Miami Dade fire

What's the latest on Dade County fire frequencies?

I didn't bother reprogramming my scanner since I only travel down there occasionally and I can't keep up with all their changes. Have they finally settled on which channel is which?

I heard they were adding an "East" channel, too.

Thanks.

lttjhooker

Premium Subscriber
MDFR

EAST will cover the NE section of the county. The frequency used to be the old West Tac. As for all the TAC channels, they will have numbers:

Tac 1 and 2 on the North
Tac 3 and 4 on Central
Tac 5 and 6 on the the South.

After narrowbanding all RX and TX DPL's have changed.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
After narrowbanding all RX and TX DPL's have changed.

Yes, I found that out today. I've given up trying to keep up with them so I'm just programming all their frequencies as carrier squelch. That way I hear it no matter where the PL roulette wheel happens to stop. Next thing you know they'll have an algorithm that selects a random squelch code each time they key up.

FWIW, whatever they're calling 460.45 this week is using DPL 244 (at least today it was) and that channel was serving as North dispatch.

453.525 was using DPL 226 and it was being used as a fireground channel for units dispatched by North radio. They sent some units over to "tac 2" but I never saw them come up on any other channel that I have programmed in, so I don't know what that one is.

Has the entire narrowbanding project been completed or is there still more work to do?

Last edited:

lttjhooker

Premium Subscriber
I can tell you that for now TAC-2 is serving as the main dispatch channel for the north and will remain with RX DPL244. The other channels are used for tactical assignments. EAST (for now) is used for NE battalions and NORTH for NW battalions.

There is no "algorithm that selects a random squelch code each time they key up." If you have a smart scanner, you will not have any problems deciphering the RX DPL.

Narrowbanding was completed last week. I hope this helps you out Bote..

Status
Not open for further replies.