MDOT Law Enforcement Dispatch Changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRadioGuru

As of today, MDOT Law Enforcement falls under the umbrella of the Mississippi Department of Public Safety. I have been told that Mississippi Highway Patrol is now dispatching for them on a per district basis, the statewide talkgroup will fall quiet over the next few days. I can't confirm yet if they are using the old "car to car" district talkgroups, or new ones specifically for dispatch purposes. I have heard radio traffic today from the N District (East Central MS) speaking to MHP Meridian on a talkgroup... I just haven't paid enough attention to my Unication pager/scanner at the time to confirm the TGID. It is unknown if they will eventually follow the lead of their sister agency at MHP to encrypt their radio traffic.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
I heard Y district run a drivers license on the MDOT car to car channel to Jackson MHP about an hour ago.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
MHP is also currently fully clear on MDOT Enforcement TG's dispatching MHP units as they are all patched. This will change once all the radio's are touched again and new templates/codeplugs done. Then say goodbye to MDOT Enforcement.

TheRadioGuru

Not ALL districts are patched with the MHP Talkgroup, District 6 (Troop H) is using two seperate talkgroups for MHP and MDOT Enforcement. From my understanding encryption is not in the near future for MDOT Enforcement per a few sources inside the agency, I believe the patch some people are hearing is an isolated thing done at a dispatch console up north... That is pure speculation but the official information from friends at MHP is they are supposed to remain on seperate talkgroups.

INDY72

So much for the separate TG's theory. Also, do not hold your breathe on no E for MDOT. Let them get streamed and BAM E they go.... Thats real, not BS. Don't believe me? Ask the director of MS DPS.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Listened to MDOT-E District Y Car to Car (13204) this morning in the clear. Pursuit and accident. Dispatcher and many units from Jackson to Morton. Not long enough to figure some things out but. MHP talkgroups (enc) were showing up at different times and Unitrunker did not show a patch.

INDY72

No patch needed. Click radio over to MDOT Zone, Click to the CH they are on. ISP does it all the time here, make quick announcement that he/she is going to their "Frequency" and that is all. For bigger incidents they may do a patch, or take it to Mutual Aid TG. And with every CH having voice announce, its fairly simple.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
Just curious if anyone else has noticed MHP Troop C is partially encrypted. The dispatch side is in the clear. You can still hear the MDOT units, not MHP Units. Just heard both sides of Troop J. Are we going to lose them possibly because somebody is streaming them?

Last edited:

kj4jaq

Gulf of Mexico Galavanter
Premium Subscriber
Been hearing a lot of traffic lately that is typically encrypted that is now wide open. Not just MHP, other stuff in Pearl River County too.

Status
Not open for further replies.