MDOT Work in Oakland Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnoyeb

MDOT is doing lots of road work in Oakland County. I have tried to monitor the MDOT frequencies, but I don't hear anything. Are they not using the MPSCS radio system?

Any idea why I do not hear them? I am monitoring all channels and even unknown IDs but I don't hear anything that sounds like road work.

w8jjr

Premium Subscriber
What are you wanting to hear? Most of the work is performed by contractors.
Check their freqs.

SCPD

QRT
The most talk you would hear would be from flagman if they even had any it is no diffrent then listening to Road Commission doing there daily duties.

dnoyeb

I have a scanner, they have radios, so I would like to listen. That simple. I don't expect any super secret or unique conversations. I just like to think if I pass someone with a radio, I can figure out how to hear their conversation if they are State Employees. Its all in fun.

When I passed them today it looks like there are a lot of contractors. I think the state dropped the cones and busted up the road. The contractors are doing the concrete. I think the state will do the tar as well.

SCPD

QRT
I have a scanner, they have radios, so I would like to listen. That simple. I don't expect any super secret or unique conversations. I just like to think if I pass someone with a radio, I can figure out how to hear their conversation if they are State Employees. Its all in fun.

When I passed them today it looks like there are a lot of contractors. I think the state dropped the cones and busted up the road. The contractors are doing the concrete. I think the state will do the tar as well.

MDOT is on the MPSCS like all other state government.
The database shows in Oakland Co they use talkgroups 2602 and 6178. Also try 2597, 2598, 2599, 2601, 2604 which are listed as "Metro Detroit Area", and the statewide 1292.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
MDOT is doing lots of road work in Oakland County. I have tried to monitor the MDOT frequencies, but I don't hear anything. Are they not using the MPSCS radio system?

Any idea why I do not hear them? I am monitoring all channels and even unknown IDs but I don't hear anything that sounds like road work.

There's usually not too much traffic on the radios usually it is short and brief, winter time is always busy, I work for a road commission this time of year not alot of traffic on our radios..

dnoyeb

Thanks for the tip. They are working right out front of my job, so its really just an exercise for me in scanner use. I am monitoring MPSCS, and its on search so it catches all IDs. I turned off the IDs I know are fire/ems/police. Still haven't heard a single peep out of them. No matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.