Meca Digital System 1-(may 27.2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

MECA System 1 Digital talkgroups for IMPD, EMS, Fire, will not be going to the new system until Tuesday May 27.2008 after the 500 parade is over.This came from a direct source and was heard Weds.night 4-30-08.After May 27,2008 they will be on the new Digitial system.

dustman

Premium Subscriber
Indianapolis MECA info needed

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a Uniden BCD966T (and later the handheld version) to monitor the new Indianapolis MECA P25 system. I received the following information at work:

Subject: Re: MECA going Digital - Critical Update

The following are scheduled target dates/times for agency cutovers:
April 22 - Beech Grove FD/PD
April 24 - Speedway FD/PD
April 25 - Lawrence FD/PD. Transition old System 2 frequencies to P25 systems.
May 05 - 0800 - IMPD Northwest District
May 05 - 1000 - IMPD North District
May 05 - 1200 - IMPD Northeast District
May 05 - 1400 - IMPD Southeast District
May 05 - 1600 - IMPD Southwest District
May 05 - 1800 - IMPD Central District
May 06 - Marion County Sheriff
May 07 - 0900 - Indianapolis/Marion County Fire
May 12 - Animal Control, Airport FD/PD, Marion County EMA, Colleges
May 13 - Transition old System 1 frequencies to P25 systems.
May 14 - Cutover Complete

I have since found the cutover is still in the process, with some delays. My question is, is the new P25 system going to be scrambled or encrypted? I don't want to invest $500-1,000 in new radios if all I can hear is tow trucks and taxis. I don't know where I can go to get this information. Does anybody know? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Dustman

dustman

Premium Subscriber
encryption equipment? What do you make of this?

Hello again,

I thought I might add that I found a site online that puts forth a quantity purchase agreement for the state of Indiana for radios and accessories, with many references to encryption equipment, and an encryption keyloader for over $3,000. Could this be for the new MECA P25 system? http://indiana.gov/idoa/proc/QPA/10019.pdf
What do you make of it?

Thanks,

Dustman

jerk

dustman said:
Hello again,

I thought I might add that I found a site online that puts forth a quantity purchase agreement for the state of Indiana for radios and accessories, with many references to encryption equipment, and an encryption keyloader for over $3,000. Could this be for the new MECA P25 system? http://indiana.gov/idoa/proc/QPA/10019.pdf
What do you make of it?

Thanks,
Dustman
The State of Indiana and Indianapolis are two separate entities. So as far as I know not related. Now MECA is not currently encrypted. I don't know if they will have the capability now or in the future. If you want to listen, you can with a digital scanner.

Could that change, yes, and it could change for Safe-T which is the State of Indiana's system. But currently you can listen to either one with a digital scanner.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
W9NES said:
MECA System 1 Digital talkgroups for IMPD, EMS, Fire, will not be going to the new system until Tuesday May 27.2008 after the 500 parade is over.This came from a direct source and was heard Weds.night 4-30-08.After May 27,2008 they will be on the new Digitial system.

Why did you create a new thread? This was already posted in the MECA thread..Where it belongs..

Status
Not open for further replies.