Meck/Cabarrus P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermoto

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

PSR500 here ... trying to setup the P25 system.

I live in Highland Creek and want to hear Cabarrus/Concord as well as CharMeck. I have downloaded the info from RR database and separated the talk groups into scan lists ... All Cabarrus in one all Meck in another and Fire in it's own etc ..

I don't seem to be getting much from the P25 system. I also have the older 800/900 system in a list and I get a lot of traffic from those channels.

Is my setup causing issues? Should I load the Cabarrus talk groups as their own trunked system with their respective control channels and the same for Meck?

I guess I'm just a little confused.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RR

First off all pubic safety for Cabarrus Conty is now carried on the Char/Meck P25 digital system.

About the only thing you will hear on the Cabarrus TRS is Transit, Public Works, Citywide. Non Public Services type agencies.

Next I have noticed the old Cabarrus TRS has been taken off-line. I don't know if they are turning the system off or if it is down for maintenance.

I carry my Pro-97 at work with the Char/Meck analog (old system) and I listen to Medic, Charlotte Fire and the Highway Patrol dailey.

Hope this helps

David

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I don't live in the Cabarrus area, but I did visit there recenty and scan while I was there. So take this for what it's worth.

You should note that there are multiple sites for the Charlotte/Mecklenburg County P25 system - 5 sites, to be precise. Each site uses a different set of frequencies.

I noted that about the only agencies carried on the Cabarrus site were Cabarrus Co agencies. Likewise, I didn't note Cabarrus Co agencies carried on the main Charlotte/Meck Co site.

So you'll want to confirm which site (or sites) you're scanning. If you're scanning the Mecklenburg Co/Charlotte site and trying to listen to Cabarrus talkgroups, you'll likely be out of luck. You might consider treating the Cabarrus site as a different trunked system as it relates to your radio programming - ie, create one TSYS object for the Cabarrus site and treat it as a single site system. And do likewise with the Charlotte/Meck Co site. If you have talkgroups programmed into active scanlists from BOTH TSYS objects, it will force the radio to scan both sites during each pass, and you'll hear talkgroups from both systems.

You can also use a single TSYS object with control channels from both sites programmed and use the multi-site settings (STAT) to achieve the same thing. But there might be times that you want to scan only one of the systems, effectively locking out one TSYS object or the other. Separating into two TSYS objects will give you that flexibility.

Hope that helps.

trumpetman

Database Admin
6403 has been taken offline and the old SmartNet frequencies have been rolled into the 9600 system.

Traffic for public works has been active on the 9600 system all through this icy mess.

Brian has it spot on. Each simulcast only permits its respecitve counties talkgroups on it. You will only hear Meck talkgroups on site 1, Union on site 2, Cabarrus on 3, and so on.

Since the only talkgroups that can roam are the hospital talkgroups and regional calling/ops channels, I recommend treating each system as it's own TSYS and duplicating all the hospital/regional channels into each system to prevent wasting time on the Meck/Union systems when trying to hear Cabarrus channels.

kd8x

I have been hearing a bunch of new activity on the Cabarrus p25 system with talkgroup id's above 7100 etc...I can tell that they are the public works, street dept., Concord power etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.