Meck Fire Ops channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure the answer to this is buried in the forum but I'll ask anyway...

I'm working on configuring my Unication G5 and was trying to determine which Meck Fire ops channels to add. The answer is all of them but which ones need to be easy-access and which ones can be less accessible. The real question here is - what are the standard uses for the different Meck FD / EMS ops channels?
primary Ops channels AFAIK:

Ops 3 - MEDIC (calls in city)
Ops 4 - Meck Fire/EMS
Ops 6 - Meck Fire
Ops 8
Ops 12

Thanks in advance,

Jon
AK4XO
WQSC225

trumpetman

Database Admin
You're pretty much correct.

OPS 3: MEDIC calls in the city
OPS 4: First responder calls
OPS 6, 8, 10, & 12 are for incidents in the county that need a dedicated ops channel.

Depending on the dispatcher sometimes OPS 5 gets assigned for overflow but that doesn't happen as often anymore. The odd channels are assigned after all the even channels fill up. Then the zone 2 ops channels 13-22 are assigned if it gets really busy (or if a dept requests a channel for training).

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
OK, that confirms what I was thinking. I didn't know if there was a SOP for assigning Ops channels 6,8,10,12 or not (like by area e.g. N/S/E/W) but I don't think there is. Being out of the city I focus on Meck Fire Disp and Ops 4 with Ops 6 next then 8,10,12. The G5 has zones each with 8 switch positions. So pos 1 is scan all, then pos2 - pos8 are single TG per channels Meck Fire Disp, Ops4, Ops6, Ops 8, Ops 10, Ops 12, LZ1/LZ2. That should work out nicely.

Thanks.

trumpetman

Database Admin
There are rumblings that the ops channels may become region specific in the future so standby to standby on that, but the setup discussed above should work well for you for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.