Mecklenburg Co. EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
Just curious to find out what is going on with Mecklenburg County:

I was listening to the Char/Meck 800 Mhz Analog TRS this morning. They started testing tones across Fire Ops 8.

Then later in the day as I was coming home they were dispatching ambulances using a tone type dispatch.

Sounded like they were activating pagers.

I never had a chance to see if the tones were being transmitted across a dedicated 800 Mhz channel of if they were cross-patched across county fire 156.165 Mhz.

Just curiuos

David

kg4pbd

Just curious to find out what is going on with Mecklenburg County:

I was listening to the Char/Meck 800 Mhz Analog TRS this morning. They started testing tones across Fire Ops 8.

Then later in the day as I was coming home they were dispatching ambulances using a tone type dispatch.

Sounded like they were activating pagers.

I never had a chance to see if the tones were being transmitted across a dedicated 800 Mhz channel of if they were cross-patched across county fire 156.165 Mhz.

Just curiuos

David

I don't know about vhf but they are broadcasting the tones for dispatch on the P25 system.

specialopsmedic

Premium Subscriber
They are working out call specific tones like Charlotte fire did with the initiation of the voice dispatch system. Example: single unit response is 1 long tone, multiple unit tone with/out supervisor is a long high pitched tone. I think they are still in the experimental stages right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.