Mecklenburg County and P25 Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinobi1

Hello everyone. I'm curious if anyone has any idea when Mecklenburg County will upgrade to P25 phase 2. The scanner I'm about to purchase is only for phase 1, but the phase 2 models are currently out of my price range.

Thanks!

drayd48

Hello everyone. I'm curious if anyone has any idea when Mecklenburg County will upgrade to P25 phase 2. The scanner I'm about to purchase is only for phase 1, but the phase 2 models are currently out of my price range.

Thanks!
They are planning on going phase 2 but I don’t think till around Jan 1 2025, which is what the state is shooting for

Shinobi1

Thanks. I wound up just splurging for one that includes Phase 2 for that very reason.

Shinobi1

The Uniden BCD325P2. It arrived today. Now I'm online trying to figure how to program it without paying anyone. I'm a total newbie to all this.

Shinobi1

Thanks, tvenger. I had to set it down to get to other things today. Hopefully I'll have some time later tonight to try my hand at it. (y)

Chris0516

The Uniden BCD325P2. It arrived today. Now I'm online trying to figure how to program it without paying anyone. I'm a total newbie to all this.
More than that. Depending on your preference. Getting Freescan(no updates), ProScan, Sentinel, or ARC-XT. To help you program your new scanner. I had FreeScan for several years. Before I bought ProScan, earlier this year. I didn't like the design of Sentinel, or ARC-XT. But that is me. You may feel differently.

Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Freescan(no updates)
FreeSCAN only partially supports DMR and has no support for NXDN. It will do the job for P25 Phase 1 & 2 systems. If you don't have the paid upgrades for DMR or NXDN, FreeSCAN is all you need and it is FREE! You can always update to ProScan or ARC-XT later if you need it. Personally, I like ARC-XT, but ProScan supports many more scanners. It all depends on what you like. Sentinel is for the BCD436HP, BCD536HP, SDS100, and SDS200 only. It will not program other scanners such as your BCD325P2. There is a separate HomePatrol version of Sentinel for the HP1 and HP2 scanners.

Shinobi1

Okay .... I followed an online Freescan tutorial and got everything in place (as far as I can tell). When I attempted to upload to the scanner, my computer can't detect it. I downloaded the driver (for Windows 7) and unzipped it. My computer STILL can't detect the scanner. Any ideas?

Chris0516

Okay .... I followed an online Freescan tutorial and got everything in place (as far as I can tell). When I attempted to upload to the scanner, my computer can't detect it. I downloaded the driver (for Windows 7) and unzipped it. My computer STILL can't detect the scanner. Any ideas?
In FreeScan, make sure the Com Port is on the right setting.

Shinobi1

Update. I moved everything to my laptop, which is Windows 10. It took a bit for the laptop to recognize the driver and scanner and all that, but from what I can tell, the programming part worked and is complete. Now I just have to figure out this scanner. :)

Shinobi1

In FreeScan, make sure the Com Port is on the right setting.
If I got a message in FreeScan saying Upload successful (or whatever the equivalent is), does that mean I got the right Com Port, or it uploaded successfully, just to the wrong port?

Status
Not open for further replies.