Mecklenburg County and P25 Phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

drayd48

Does anyone know what is going on with charlotte uasi system. I use an xts5000 and uniden 536 to listen. Now I cant pick up anything. And the database shows the same id's and not encrypted.
Make sure you have all the CCs (including the alternates) in your radio. If you just have the CC it can change and you won’t hear it anymore

flyboy4545

No changes I'm aware of. SDS200 is my radio for UASI. It handles simulcast great.
I'm using a uniden bcd536hp. I just updated it this morning and only receiving air traffic. I thought charlotte removed the simulcast. I also think charlotte went encrypted on all their channels.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I'm using a uniden bcd536hp. I just updated it this morning and only receiving air traffic. I thought charlotte removed the simulcast. I also think charlotte went encrypted on all their channels.
Other than possible Control Channel change, everything seems normal today. Definitely no new encryption. I'm hearing all the agencies I have programmed into my SDS200

trumpetman

Database Admin
Nothing has changed. The system is digital. A better idea of what you're trying to hear exactly, what programming changes you've made, and roughly where you're located would help narrow down potential outside factors that are causing you trouble. The usual control channel is in use, and radio traffic has been just fine. What has changed on your end to cause issues? Are you having trouble with both your XTS and your 536 or just one.

flyboy4545

Both. I was receiving ems fire and police on both. Just after the riots started in charlotte months ago it just went quiet. I didnt change anything.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Both. I was receiving ems fire and police on both. Just after the riots started in charlotte months ago it just went quiet. I didnt change anything.

Have you tried re-loading the configuration from the programming software for your radios? It's obvious that in the last six months something has changed with your radios since others are not having an issue and only your radios are.

flyboy4545

I have tried that. Still cant pick up on scanner or both xts radios and multiple apps. What are you picking up? I would like to pick up hickory division police and medic.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I have tried that. Still cant pick up on scanner or both xts radios and multiple apps. What are you picking up? I would like to pick up hickory division police and medic.
I don't normally monitor Hickory Grove Division but I disabled the Avoid I had on that dispatch TG and I heard traffic on that TG within 5 minutes around 8:30pm. I'm assuming you meant Hickory Grove when you mentioned "hickory division". Hearing another Hickory Grove dispatch as I type this at 8:35pm. I monitor CMPD North division as well as CFD, Meck Co FD, Medic, and Cornelius PD. Hearing nearly constant traffic on my SDS 200. I have changed NOTHING on the SDS 200 in at least the past year.

flyboy4545

I just dont know. Been playing with scanners for over 30+ years. Missing something. Apps online, 2 xts radios and a scanner just wont pick it up.

Soundman

I had to sell my bcd436hp because of the simulcasting . But I still have the bcd536hp. I have a Yagi Base Antenna hook to my scanner in my game room .I also have a sds100 and a sds200 and I have not seen any problem picking up Hickory Grove Division .I live in Davidson thy just put up the new tower less then 5 min from my house . I am shocked you are not hearing stuff better . Thy put this tower up to help people hear there radios better . Now my bc796d works and my bd296d . I don't see them just encrypting just Hickory Gove . You need to look into reprogramming your scanner .

flyboy4545

After using an xts5000 for years listening to charlotte trunked traffic. A few months ago without any change on my end it stopped receiving. Still show a signal but no audio. Can someone tell me of any changes that might of done this?? And it's not the radio. I know charlotte is still phase 1 and is not encrypted.

kg4pbd

After using an xts5000 for years listening to charlotte trunked traffic. A few months ago without any change on my end it stopped receiving. Still show a signal but no audio. Can someone tell me of any changes that might of done this?? And it's not the radio. I know charlotte is still phase 1 and is not encrypted.

I'm hearing everything normally, no changes as far as I know.

RF-Burns

There is your problem.

If your XTS5000 shows signal and no audio is being heard, I'd assume the ID you are using has been shut off. If you are doing Non Affiliated Scan with the XTS5000 then at NO TIME should the radio EVER DISPLAY RSSI or signal bars as you call it. If you are doing NAS then you have it setup wrong and the system admin caught you and shut the ID off. Thankfully they didn't brick your radio. Look online how to set it up correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.