Mecklenburg County: Help regarding monitoring specific channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwhite1999

Premium Subscriber
Howdy folks. New to the scanning game. Purchased a Uniden BCD996P2 a few months back, and still trying to get it to work. Give up on it every couple weeks and always come running back to scanning. ;)

Anyway, cut down to the point here. I've inserted all the frequencies into my scanner, which I can show you here;

Frequency.png

However, I am only interested in getting specific channels INSIDE Mecklenburg County.

I tried to only setup channels to monitor;

Matthews PD
South Division
Independence Division

But instead, I'm getting all the channels for my scanner. That includes Airport, Fire, etc. I can't seem to figure out how to specifically lock onto the specific channels I want. I've set them up in FreeScan like this;

Setup.png

I'm probably missing something here. If anyone would mind helping. I can always send over more pictures to help.

wwhite1999

Premium Subscriber
Channels.png

ID Scan has been enabled. Everything here look correct for Charlotte? Just want to be sure. Thank you for the quick response! :giggle:

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Go ahead and disable both of the AGCs, they don't matter on Project 25 as they do on Motorola systems.
Other than that, everything else looks good to go!

wwhite1999

Premium Subscriber
I really do appreciate the help. Thank you! :giggle: Any other concerns I have I'll post here for help. Seems like the channels I'm scanning they rarely talk. Might be a slow night, lol.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I really do appreciate the help. Thank you! :giggle: Any other concerns I have I'll post here for help. Seems like the channels I'm scanning they rarely talk. Might be a slow night, lol.
I'll be the first to mention this I guess. I monitored Char-Meck UASI for several years in south Charlotte using a BCD996XT. I knew I was missing a lot of traffic even with an outdoor yagi antenna. Two years ago I acquired an SDS 200 and BOOM! The SDS 200 scans the USAI system great, and I hear nearly constant traffic on the talkgroups I'm interested in. All this using the stock antenna. Yes, the SDS 200 is a little pricey for some, but it just works!

wwhite1999

Premium Subscriber
I'll be the first to mention this I guess. I monitored Char-Meck UASI for several years in south Charlotte using a BCD996XT. I knew I was missing a lot of traffic even with an outdoor yagi antenna. Two years ago I acquired an SDS 200 and BOOM! The SDS 200 scans the USAI system great, and I hear nearly constant traffic on the talkgroups I'm interested in. All this using the stock antenna. Yes, the SDS 200 is a little pricey for some, but it just works!
Yes, that is pricy for me. I'd have to look into other options. Right now, I'm not picking up any radio traffic. I listened for about 4 hours last night and only heard one transmission. Any suggestions apart from getting a new scanner? Really don't have the money to spend on a new one right now.

kg4pbd

Keep in mind that South Division is often patched with Providence Division, and Independence Division is often patched with Hickory Grove. You may want to add both of those division main talkgroups to your list.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that is pricy for me. I'd have to look into other options. Right now, I'm not picking up any radio traffic. I listened for about 4 hours last night and only heard one transmission. Any suggestions apart from getting a new scanner? Really don't have the money to spend on a new one right now.

Smaller antenna for one. Other great tips were mentioned on the Scanner Guys recently. watch this YouTube video for those tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.